Big W 14/7/08

rayke1938

Thought that someone else would have started a post as there were 2 other AFO members there today.

After a slow foggy trip up met Dino at the turn off at 7.30.

We threw spinnerbaits form the bank for 15 minutes or so for no result.

Trolled across to the island in drizzleing rain. Saw a few shows on the sounder but they were not even eating live shrimp.

As we headed to Platypuss cliffs the weather started to lift.

P1010300AFO.jpg

With the sun finally coming out.

P1010301AFO.jpg

Trolled all along the cliffs for donuts.

P1010302AFO.jpg

We then headed back to the island trying bozos, spinnerbaits and jackalls to the weed - still zero.

John finally caught a trout.

P1010305AFO.jpg

By this time it had glassed out.

P1010306AFO.jpg

I also caught a trout on a scorpion and then one on a shrimp before knocking off around 2pm.

Even though poor fishing we enjoyed ourselves and thanks Dino for letting us in.

Cheers

Ray

Rocket75 wrote:

Much showing on the sounder today Ray? Looks like those "trout" are in good condition, must be plenty of food in there.

Shame the bass didn't play the game, but it looks like a good day anyway.

Rocket

Few good shows but my sounder only has a 10degree transducer and only shows what is immediatly below the boat. Will get better when I fit the lowrance to boat.

Forgot to mention was the maiden run for the abalone. I was quite impressed with it very stable and heaps of room. Top speed with the 65 stern mount and the 55 bow mount almost 6kph,5.4 with the 65 and 4.4 with the 55 bow mount.

Cheers

Ray

Ray,

Did you run over a black cat on your way out to the lake? :blink:

Might have been the change in weather following that front that blew through on Sunday just before dark that turned the bass off. :unsure:

Than again they might have been a little gun shy after the hammering they got over the previous three days. :whistle:

I'm sure you'll do better next trip.

Archived