Baroon Pocket Donut

Feral

Well Ferg and I hit Baroon about 8:30 this morning (had to wait for the missus to get home from nightshift to look after kids).

Well the forcast was a bit crook as usual, the wind got up about 10ish, I'd reckon 20 knots by the way the trees were moving - the 2 foot slop making it to uncomfortable to fish in the open, so worked all the lee shores. Did not see a bass all day, saw a couple of schools of spangleds on the sounder, but could not even tempt them!

Gave it away about 1:30 and headed home.

That's 3 trips in a row to Baroon without seeing a Bass, I reckon its fairly odds on a lot of the bass have gone over the wall with the recent flows in the last couple of months.

Wont bother trying Baroon again until summer I reckon.

Tom B wrote:

It seems that most dams are pretty shut down atm

but atleast its a day on the water

Surely not "turning over" ?

I dunno, can't think of why there are so many donuts... Perhaps I should try going fishing to see what happens :laugh: at least I might be able to find where they are on the sounder....

Then again I think I might go bag some more squire/snapper

Tom B wrote:

Perhaps I should try going fishing to see what happens at least I might be able to find where they are on the sounder

and its even worse when they black out the sounder but resist every offering you show them :angry:

Do they resist high-speed jigging?:ohmy:

Things are tuff in the coastal fresh atm by all reports...Schulzy's reports at W have been the only bright spot.

Haven't seen any Hinze reports for a while, I wonder how it's going with all the new water?

Thanks for the report Feral, shame about the lack of fishy co-operation:(

Archived