braid virgin

James W

well i bought some braid for the first time this week....i have used it once or twice on other peoples rods while out on the water but never had any of my own.....so i have studied the knots and spooled up and im pretty sure the knots are ok....its going to be interesting to see if my hook up rate will increase....how exciting:P

did you guys definatly experince better hook up rates when u made the switch?

My only problem is that it takes a long time to cut exess off the knot. I can't say much about hook up rates. The only thing I've caught on my braid, which is on a light, lure casting, baitcaster, is a small Octopus that was swimming past the boat. I put out a Sp and it dived on it. But my brother seams to catch a fair bit using his braid, but his is when he uses bait.

my catch rate went through the roof, i now know every rotten 100mm long bait thieving catfish in the breamer river by name:silly:

but seriously its great stuff when bait fishing you feel every little touch, i've caught heaps of reefies and tuna on it using bait and macks, tuna, trevs using spinners and poppers on both braided and fusion ithink i've got 8 or nine reels filled with it

Post edited by: jeff f, at: 2006/11/26 11:23

James i certainly noticed the difference.

I only moved to braid this year (around April or so) and my catches this year have shamed previous years.

Mate next time we are at Baroon you will notice the difference! You will be able to feel the Bass swim past your lure let alone feel them strike :P

What pound braid?

Angus

brought a pair of so called jw brand braid sizzors while they will cut 10 lb leader they are useless for 6 and 10 lb braid there is too much play in the rivett and they just fray the line . now i just use a knife. the worse thing about both of them they still cut the main line instead of the tag end half of the time.

ray

Post edited by: rayke1938, at: 2006/11/29 05:00

Archived