Fishing Park

Tim a

not sure if it helps, but there is the feature on this site, to create an event in the calendar, which has been done, but then you can also create that event for people to sign up for it. You can sign up for it in your User Menu - Sign-up to Attend Events.

Post edited by: webmaster, at: 2006/12/18 07:57

John: Thanks mate, I have since signed up. ;) .

Brian: Bring your lightest rod with your lightest reel and 6-8lb mono or fluorocarbon line/leader. The only bad thing is that fluorocarbon sinks so your pellets probably won't float for as long as it would with mono line. Though it's more difficult for the line to be seen by the fish. Also it pays to take a couple of rods so you can flick a lure while you've got one or two bait rods out. I like to have at least 1 livie rod out with 1 pellet rod and then flick a lure around so you've got everything covered. Use small suspending minnows only. Not like the big Barra lures you'd usually use. They shy to big lures. 6-8cm suspending lures work best with long 10sec+ pauses between jerks.

As for times of arrival etc. I'm not 100% sure as yet. The email Tim should be receiving has all that info in it for what times to arrive and leave etc. Though usually they don't mind if you come a bit early. But they arn't open before 9am.

James: Yeah mate I put you down. let us know later on can or can't.

Definates: 8

Saturday/Sunday,

Troy (blue_mako)

Tim (TIMBO)

Cam (Gerty_92)

Jeff (jeff f)

Matt (ando_04)

Brian (Brian D)

Saturday,

??? (lollybolls) and son

To Comfirm: 3

Andrew (Feral) and kids

James (jimmybob)

Troy

Post edited by: blue_mako, at: 2006/12/18 10:57

THanks Troy

Did you know that if you rub a little vasoline on your flurocarbon it floats?

Maybe I should rig up that little baitcaster I won at the BRC. Would that do if I put 4lb fireline and 6lb fluro on it?

Maybe I sould collect some Logan river prawns Friday night and transport them live Sat. I should be able to keep em alive till Sunday Morning.

Are you guys right for a lift?

Brian: Yeah, but if you put vasoline on it it becomes more visible. Which baitcaster did you win? 4lb Fireline with 6lb fluoro leader should be perfect. Though casting smaller lures may be more difficult and your casting distance is limited. It would probably suit a weighted live bait. Your idea about the Prawns is great. The best live bait is Prawns at the park. Though they are hardly abundant in the Maroochy River and are hard to get a hold of. But when you do get some they are gone within minutes. Herring are 2nd to Prawns, then Mullet. With live baits you can catch just about anything. It's only really Barra, Mullet and the occasional Bream that take pellets. I think we are all fine for a lift. If some of the younger guys are stuck for a lift I still have 3 seats in my car.

James: Of course your car will break down ;) :whistle: . Why not invite your missus along? :P .

Troy

Post edited by: blue_mako, at: 2006/12/18 11:42

Gerty: Yeah you can use lures. It's a saltwater impoundment and arn't very speedy. Probably just as energetic as a freshwater impoundment Barra. (Not very ;) ). Tim still has to recieve the email to confirm costs.

Andrew: I'm a bit confused as to what your doing? :S . Are you waiting for prices? :S .

Ray: That's no excuse :P .

Definates: 9

Saturday/Sunday,

Troy (blue_mako)

Tim (TIMBO)

Cam (Gerty_92)

Jeff (jeff f)

Matt (ando_04)

Brian (Brian D)

Angus (Angus)

Saturday,

??? (lollybolls) and son

To Comfirm: 6

Andrew (Feral) and kids

James (jimmybob)

Andrew's friend Ken

Andrew's friend Bill

Troy

• 2 weeks later...

Timbo, it'll just cost $35 for myself for 6 hours, and $18 for my son, so we'll just go up on the Saturday, and pay on the day. (Sorry I can't contribute to the camping option.) They emailed me with a whole list of prices & info if anyone else wants them. Any barra under 55 cm can be kept for $18 a kilo. You can take your own bait, so I'll try and get some yabbies. Look forward to seeing some of you there.

Definates: 7

Saturday/Sunday,

Troy (blue_mako)

Tim (TIMBO)

Cam (Gerty_92)

Jeff (jeff f)

Brian (Brian D)

Saturday,

??? (lollybolls) and son

To Comfirm: 2

Matt (ando_04)

James (jimmybob)

Have I got this list right? Who else is coming up?

Troy

Post edited by: blue_mako, at: 2007/01/02 09:01

Sorry about pull out but I will not be there.:ohmy:

I will working on my new project boat that I pick up on Thursday. :)

But once I get it up and running it will give us another boat for fresh water - then someone can use my craft while I jump ship into the silver bullet and travel in luxury:silly:

Post edited by: Brian D, at: 2007/01/03 14:14

Yupee it is stilll on! There are going to others there that are not apart of our group.

The prices are still the same ($75 and $45 kids under 16).

Sorry about leaving it to last minute jeff but I had to get deffenate numbers to see if we could still do it. Btw jeff could I trouble you for your last name please? I have to give everyones names to the park.

Thanks

Archived