Fishing Park

Tim a

Well Now that most of us are on or nearly on Holidays(school that is) I thought we should get a trip to aussie fishing park sorted. We thought about it a while ago but it faded. For all who don't know its on the sunshine coast. It takes about 2 hours to get to. There are several speices to catch including Barramundi, mangrove jacks and trevally. Also all your bread n butters. Its not one of those parks where you just drop your bait in and it is instantly snapped up tho. It's a bit of a challenge.

Any dates that suit ?

Tim

• 3 weeks later...

No there isn't a website. There used to be one but it was closed when new management took over. I'm all good for the 6th and have told Mum to keep the weekend free.

So that makes 3. Tim, Gerty and Myself. Jeff, I can assure you this place is a great place to spend a day, or night, that's if you haven't had some time there previously.

I have only done one over nighter before and it was great compared to most other day time sessions. If your going to go there at anytime go for a night time session. I scored my self 10 Barra, 1 Mullet and a 38cm fork length Bream on that night. I haven't been there for a good 6 or more months so I'll be looking foward to the next time up there. Though this time it's prodominately lures! :P .

Troy

When I did the overnighter I got there at around lunch and went right through until closing time the next day. 28 hours straight I think it was. Great fun and all most constant action after the sun went down. Tim will have to get approximate costs as well for the night.

Troy

Post edited by: blue_mako, at: 2006/12/16 20:46

Count me in if it's ok. I like the early morning Sunday session - Like about 2.00am leave home -be there about 3am then fish all day and come home.

Can I do that, get there at 3.am? Or do I have to be there the night before? I suppose I could allways get my beauty sleep and have a nana nap in the car if I have to be there Saturday.

Brian: I'm sure they wouldn't mind if you fish from early morning onwards. But then your paying for fishing hours your not fishing :P . They made Dinner and Breakfast last time so I'll have your dinner since you won't need it. I'm gonna have to start eating to catch up with you anyway. :silly: .

Lollybolls: 2kg gear is fine for the Barra. Infact, it's around the recommended tackle weight. Bream gear with around 10lb mono line max. is perfect. It should be easy to tell which people are members as most of us have Brisbane River Classic fishing shirts so it shouldn't be too difficult.

Definates:

Troy (blue_mako)

Tim (TIMBO)

Gerty (Gerty_92)

To Comfirm:

Jeff (jeff f)

Andrew (Feral)

??? (lollybolls)

Brian (Brian D)

Forced To Come:

Angus (Angus)

Troy

Post edited by: blue_mako, at: 2006/12/16 21:31

He would have got a price earlier. Though usually with organised overnighters it depends on numbers. Also they make your Saturday night dinner and Sunday morning breakfast. It was a sausage sizzle last time for tea and bacon, sausages and eggs for breakfast.

As for a swag/tent, that's fine. I set up a tent last time but hardly saw the inside of it through-out!

Troy

this is sounding better and better, overnighter ay hmm, knock off work 11 am sat head off straight from work.1 ultralight spin stick,1 baitcaster and 1 flyrod to see how many tourists,fixtures and foliage i can hook:P

where is this place anyway?the only thing i've heard of round S.E.Q.is/was saltys at beenleigh and i dont know if it still exists???

Post edited by: jeff f, at: 2006/12/17 08:16

Post edited by: jeff f, at: 2006/12/17 08:17

Ok every one here is the facts about the park.

You don't want heavy gear what so ever, The barra are actually fairly line shy. For example I will be using 2lb with 6 or 8 lb leader on my size 1500 reel and 2-4kg spinning rod. You can bring you own bait if you wish but they have prawns, white bait and other common baits there. I'm not 100% sure if your allowed to cast net there but if not theres a creek/river near by. You can hire a rod(lite spinning rod) there. You can bring a tent/swag if you wish but I'll be bringing an umbrella, sleeping bag and sleeping mat. I'm sure they would let you come early in the morning if you wish.

Did I miss anything ? I will try phone the park sometime today(sunday) to confirm the date, details and costs.

Thanks

Tim

What Tim said. But no your not allowed to cast net there. The Maroochy River is about 50m from the fishing park fence. I usually get up there a bit earlier to go catch some livies.

Jeff: I like your plan mate :P . I have heard about salty's though have never been there. Might check it out one time if it still remains. The Aussie Fishing Park is on David Low Way next to the Maroochy River at Bli Bli on the Sunshine Coast. It's right next to the cable ski place called Ski 'N' Skurf. It's pretty hard to miss.

There's two big 13 acre ponds right next to each other. One is the Ski 'N' Skurf pond and the other is the Mixed Species pond of the fishing park. It's got Barra, Cod, GT's, Squire, Mangrove Jacks, Jewfish, Flathead, big Whiting, big Bream and just about every other fish you'd expect to find in the wild.

Next to that there is a small creek system at about 10m wide at the creeks widest and 1.8m deep max. That's Barra Creek. Barra Creek has literally thousands of plate size Barra and on most occasions it's easy to catch them with pellets and livies. It's also got big Jacks, Bream, Flathead, Mullet andof course Barra.

Big Boys Pond is right next to Barra Creek and is about an acre big and 2m deep. It's got most of the biggest Barra in the park. Though these fish are usually more fond of pellets and lightline then most other methods and are harder to catch at times.

Troy

Jeff and Brian: Do you want me to put your down as definates? Brian I'll put you down for a Sunday definate?

Post edited by: blue_mako, at: 2006/12/17 11:59

Ok 6th of january is booked. They will email me the details as soon as he works out costs. I have a feeling it isn't going to cost much. We want atleast 20 people! c'mon everyone we can do this. If you want to come please pm me or express it here.

so far:

Tim

Troy

Cameron(gerty)

Brian?

Feral and co?

Did I miss anyone?

Also if you are bringing family please give your exact numbers(so Aussie fishing park know how much food they need). Also costs. I think the more people that go the cheaper it will be.

Thanks

Tim

troy i need to know how much$$$ before i give a deffinate as funds may be a little low that weekend.

ah stuff it sounds like too much fun to miss out on,

put me down as a definate.whats a bit more credit card abuse matter whe4n it comes to FISHING:blink:

Post edited by: jeff f, at: 2006/12/17 14:15

So we've got,

Definates: 4

Troy (blue_mako)

Tim (TIMBO)

Cam (Gerty_92)

Jeff (jeff f)

To Comfirm: 6

Andrew (Feral) and kids

??? (lollybolls) and son

Brian (Brian D)

Forced To Come:

Angus (Angus)

Remember to ask a couple of mates. As Tim said, the more we have going the better. I'm going to let a few mates know about it.

Troy

P.S. Jeff: I like your way of thinking ;) .

blue_mako wrote:

So we've got,

Definates: 4

Troy (blue_mako)

Remember to ask a couple of mates. As Tim said, the more we have going the better. I'm going to let a few mates know about it.

Ok I've sent it around the reprobates I know that I talked in to coming along to the classic, a couple of them might go, even if I dont end up going!

lollybolls: I'm pretty sure the park opens at 9am so that's perfect timing. I'm not sure how much it is for the day since I haven't been there for some time and it's been taken over by new management since I was there last.

Definates: 7

Saturday/Sunday,

Troy (blue_mako)

Tim (TIMBO)

Cam (Gerty_92)

Jeff (jeff f)

Matt (ando_04)

Saturday,

??? (lollybolls) and son

To Comfirm: 3

Andrew (Feral) and kids

Brian (Brian D)

Troy

Post edited by: blue_mako, at: 2006/12/17 18:17

OK Here's my dilemma - I wnat to go to Glenlyon with Ray the following weekend.

If I ask my wife for both weekends she will probably say \"Yes\". But does she mean it? I am sure married guys know what I mean.

As to Aussie park I would like to just do a day trip but there's more fish at night.That's why I like the early start.

Thinking of Troys health I can't let him get fat on my accord so I suppose the overnighter is the go. By the looks of things I can get access to me car for a snooze in the back, How close can I park my car to the main action.

By the way Salty's is still open but it looks very tired - I will give it a try sometime and let you know.

Post edited by: Brian D, at: 2006/12/18 04:54

I got a reply from the Missus that went like -

\"fine you can go but I'll find someone else to have weekends with\".

I said \"your full of sh/t - you never organize anything\"

So count me in for sure,for the Sat morning till Sunday. What time do we leave and does anyone need a lift? I can take a couple of blokes.

Troy I'll need help refineing my gear if you don't mind so I don't take a tackle store and miss ut on fish.;)

Archived