I remember

fishyman

I remember when i walked down the road, threw out a servo prawn on 20lb mono and a jarvis walker setup, hooked somthing and faught a small 50cm disk ray for a good 25mins and then it snapped my line at my feet........... I then joined this site cos i thought i was a mad dog for hooking a stingray.

pinkey wrote:

I remember when i walked down the road, threw out a servo prawn on 20lb mono and a jarvis walker setup, hooked somthing and faught a small 50cm disk ray for a good 25mins and then it snapped my line at my feet........... I then joined this site cos i thought i was a mad dog for hooking a stingray.

hahaha man

have you been down to tennant lately?

i bet its bloody rank down there now

I remember when that spot used to fire, well if you call 5 bream and 5 cattys and 1 small thready on bait in a session firing , or 3 sharks. Na i havnt! not for soooooooooo long. Saw a thready from another site caught around kooka/colleges area latly so it might just be worth ago again after being stuffed by all the fresh. After all it is a 5min walk :P. Needa get somthing on a lure there, now thats a challenge. Some awesome times we all had there.

when this site was about the fish

not about stupid bickering between groups of people

hahahaha

Getting back to the thread topic.

I must say, i was a long time reader, recent poster.

There are a lot of new people being introduced here now due to extensive advertising for the site, you should of smoked ur peace pipe before it got to this stage.

This is going to turn into a full on forum site for all fisherman around brisbane + surrounds. I'm a mod/sysop on a few other sites (not fish) and have seen sites like this turned into monsters within 3 months.

The site is, from what i hear is approx 3000+ presently.... this will turn into over 5000 in comming months due to the publicity & summer.

The publicity is a good thing, it creates more donors. Your just need to be more wary of ur X spots.

It also fills a void between the regular brizzy river fisherman and the true locals... keep ur X spots clean!!!

It also creates an opportunity to educate people that were keeping 95cm lizards.

People that were keeping 33cm squire thinking they were pink bream

fishyman, im not trying to knock you... I just believe this could be a top way to educate the others (especially new people to this area, ie, immigrants) on the way we fish here... we let the little ones go, we let the big ones go, we sometimes keep the pan size fish....

I myself have been fishing the brizzy river for over 17 years.

I'm all for what you say, but a tactiful approach is required for these "tree-huggers" and the like.

I'm not sure what you mean by "groups of people" could you explain?

love the new display pic shortie

and i know you told me to not post, and ellicat said dont log on but well i couldnt resist

this was just a lighhearted thread, no need to take it the wrong way haha

Bogan, yeah mate i agree with you. this is the top fishing site for SE qld no doubt in that. i just think some of us (including me) need to re focus on the fishing and stop the in fighting

but yeah i agree with ya mate

Archived