winter whiting @ mud

rexy

rexy wrote:

no mate no photos but he was a big fish for a whinter whiting put him on the measure and i can tell a winther whiting from a summer whiting people are so quick to jump in and say differnt

may years of fishing under the belt

no need to get up tight buck,but i agree with lee it would of been a summer whiting..and a damn good one too i might add

hey i have a question- after a recent trip to clontarf dad and i bagged a handfull of what we thought were winteries- clear black blotches all down there sides and back.

then my uncle gives us a rev saying that because they have yellow fins they are summaries....

so i grab grants and it says the only distinguishign feature are the blotches... but my uncles (who was getting worked up about it) reckons the bolthces were beacuse of their habitiat...

sooooo- whos right?

if a whiting has yellow fins is it a summery? or do winteries have yellow fins too and black blotches????

if anyone could post proof so i could email it to him, it would be great.

if im wrong, sorry for taking little summeries!

-Wiseguy.

Bommie wrote:

Gad wrote:
mainly 3 type of whiting up here-winter silver,black blotches,summer silver,golden-lined silver,with yellow anal and ventral fins.

cheers

and you can tell the 3 apart by the shape of their heads

Never paid the head shape much attention. What's the differences ? Are some more sloped than others ??

thanks for that comment not here to tell lies just to pass on what i caught on the day

and to have a nice time talking to fellow fish catchers.just a pity we have to put up

with a few people that seem to know all.

i will sleep good tonight... suck eggs ..

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Archived