where is all the live bait?

jeff f

casting in various spots on north side from bretts to newstead friday night got NOTHING tried any patch of bank i could get at on the south side from norman creek in the east to wogaroo creek in the west for one herring a poddy mullet and 2 mid size prawns and a bad attack of tennis elbow gave up in disgust and went to fish market and paid $12.99 for a kg of green prawns:S :(:angry: bloody fish better co-operate Grrrr

Will be going for livies again in Victoria Point Marina in morning, same deal, any over our requirements will be dropped off at BRC HQ for others who may want them, just before morning weigh in. (Hey Angus we do want that esky back!)

Post edited by: Feral, at: 2006/12/02 22:27

• 2 weeks later...

Hey feral,

Where abouts is the Victoria Point Marina? I've been casting off the jetty for the coochimudlow (i think . . .) ferry, but haven't caught anything worth mentioning. Also tryed at the both boat ramps around that area. I always see guys out on the jetty with nets but they haven't been very successful from what they tell me. :unsure:

I get tonnes of prawns in the brissie river at Jindalee boat ramp around high tide at night and occasionally a mullet.

JOSCO IT IS THE REDLAND BAY MARINA. BEST PLACE IS BETWEEN END OF MOORED BOATS IN THE MARINA AND THE MOUTH OF THE CREEK. ALSO PRODUCTIVE AROUND BOATS ON SOUTHERN SIDE THAT ARE SLIPPED INTO THE BANK.

jUST TRY NOT TO SPLASH THE MOORED BOATS WITH MUD WHEN CASTING ALTHOUGH I MUST ADMIT I AM NOT TOO CAREFULL AROUND THE POLICE BOAT AS I THINK IT GIVES THEM SOMETHING PRODUCTIVE TO DO,

I CAST FROM MY BOAT AS ITS MUCH MORE PRODUCTIVE THAN FROM THE JETTY OR BANK.

tHE MAP ISNT VERY ACCURATE BUT YOU CAN ACCESS THE BANK IN THE AREA WHERE THE RED STAR IS.

THERE IS A NEW FERRY TERMINAL IN THE AREA WHERE THE COAST GUARD IS SHOWN BUT I HAVE NEVER HAD A LOOK AT IT REGUARDS ACCESS.

RAY

Archived