Good bye for a while

Ash

Well, Im off. I leave for vanuatu tomorrow for a week of relaxation, (and fishing). I will hopefully have something to write about when i get back, Have heard alot of good things about the fishing there.

If anyone has been there, any hints or tips or adv as to where to go and not to go? Good fishing spots?

I'll be thinking of you all at about 2pm tomorrow whislt i am sipping caronna's on the beach!B)

cheers

Yeah yeah.

My advice would be to simply ask your reception for some charters details. I think it would be better off to spend some money and even fish for only one day with the knowledge you are being guided by someone in the know.

Good luck mate and ill see you when you get back.

Angus

We went to vanutu last christmas and new year. We went out on a charter and got 8-9 Tuna, 2 big Wahoo and a big GT. Just a hint, if your staying at a resort and you catch a fish, give it to to reception guys or other people that you encounter, frequently, like the canoo operater or some thing. If you do, you get special treatment. Ie. cheaper accomadation, reserved stock and praise from the locals.

Also, if you got to Port Vila, take a rod with a popper rigged up with you and head to the local markets. When we went there, just outside the fish & chips shop there were massive barracuda and Blue-fin Trevally just eating fish like 2 meters away from the wall. We also saw a bonito in Port Vila

• 2 weeks later...

Archived