prawn stars

jeff f

adri4n wrote:

Very good videos jeff, I might have to get a hold of some prawnstars now and give them a go. I like how even the pros miss some strikes, he does do it over the top though..

I dunno..

Depending on the fish I set hooks hard like that...

So does Lee :laugh:

Edit: nope after watching it again I probably see more over the top and excessive hook strikes... haha

If you ever watched me catching snapper on 4lbs.....

Or Lee getting bream at mooloolabah...

Or me when I get my next toga...

username_taken wrote:

great videos, I find a lot of demo videos to be more about the presenter showing off their mad skillz catching fish after fish rather than educational.

This one was definately educational, and has had it's desired effect, I'll be picking up some prawnstars next tackle store trip :D

Agreed on all accounts.:laugh:

ellicat wrote:

username_taken wrote:
great videos, I find a lot of demo videos to be more about the presenter showing off their mad skillz catching fish after fish rather than educational.

This one was definately educational, and has had it's desired effect, I'll be picking up some prawnstars next tackle store trip :D

Agreed on all accounts.:laugh:

Dude! You already have one, if I remember correctly.......

Got to agree they were excellent videos, very easy watching and edumicational.

What would be the best colour to go for? The creek I usually fish is quite murky so I'm guessing a fluro or lumo. Though common sense says natural. Do these colours really make a difference or is it a marketing ploy for us to get the whole set.

Ive found prawn stars in Funky Fluoro, pink, natural, honeypot, lumo and purple online, but I guess I'll have to take what I can get down the tackle store...

do prawn stars just come in the one size?

All the best,

I've tried them a few times, but can't seem to get them to "click" properly.

I've heard from a few different people that the best thing to do once you buy them is to soak them in boiling water, this apperently helps them loosen up and click better. haven't tried it yet, but thought I'd mention it.

ok I recently bought a 11cm prawnstar

heres my report

I would like to see anyone who catches fish on theses to pipe up...

yes they are snagg resistant but have a poor action when not gliding (very stiff).

The smaller ones may be better, I have been using them in the river n and havn't had a touch, so they aint lethal, just another crap lure that cathces sweet FA??

and yeah they are worht like 5.00 dollars not 10.00

also for ease of use i rate em a 4/10, the hooks fall out of them all the time, ( very annoying)

Dan

flatty_catcher wrote:

ok I recently bought a 11cm prawnstar

heres my report

I would like to see anyone who catches fish on theses to pipe up...

yes they are snagg resistant but have a **** action when not gliding (very stiff).

The smaller ones may be better, but really they look a bit **** to me, I been using them in the river n and havnt had a touch, so they aint lethal, just another crap lure that cathces sweet FA.

and yeah they are worht like 5.00 dollars not 10.00

also for ease of use i rate em a 4/10, the hooks fall out of them all the time, ( crap)

Dan

I have cuaght heaps on them. Bream, jacks, tvevally, flatties.

Watch the video you might learn something.

Keep persisting you will get the hang of them eventually.

Archived