NPD this morning

Aaron H

Its been a while since I have lodged a report, probably due to laziness on my behalf :blush:, after my trip to Boondooma over the xmas weekend where we caught fish every 50metres on the troll (unfortunately the bass ranged from 15 to 25cm:( although a couple of nice yellas were boated by my deckie), I just wanted a decent fish that would put a decent bend in the rod. My plan was for Maroon or Hinze on Saturday morning but the weather ended that decision so I decided a wander around North Pine is the go. After struggling to get out of bed at 3:30am I arrived near the rangers hut around sunrise. Keen as mustard armed with spinnerbaits I flew down to the water and proceeded to cast and cast and cast, for not even a hit :angry:, Frustration setting in I did the walk around the banks of bullockies still for not a touch and going home seemed like a good idea.

I begrudgingly walked back to the car muttering to myself about how frustrating bank fishing can be and decided to drive to Forgans Cove. After another 1000 casts I walked to a point that has produced a lot fish for me in the past and low and behold the rod tip bends and drag starts screaming:woohoo: After some tense moments in the weeds I land the fish a nice low 40's bass, after a piccie and release the very next cast I'm on again and another bass around the 40 cm mark, two casts later and another bass around 38 cm. After hundreds of fruitless frustrating casts

I ended up getting 3 in 4 casts all on purple s/baits, Certainly put a smile on my dial and goes to show persistence can sometimes pay off.

[img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/04012009.JPG

post-266-144598482025_thumb.jpg

Aaron who? :P Bout time you managed to get a report up. Even if it made be tired just reading about the work needed to get a fish. :woohoo: But you won in the end, good job.

Is it me or is that a skinny bass?

Now let someone tell me that fishing is a lazy mans sport!

Archived