N.P.D 3/05/09

STU

Plasticman and I where the second guys at the gate waiting keen to catch some bass and thats what we did with 34 bass landed and one yella one in the 50's and alot in the 40's none where undersize they where all fat and in good condition they fought hard too pulling us into all the sunken vegetation what a morning.

And a big thanks to all the prfma guys who got this up and going again.

andrews first fish of the morning [img size=499]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/North_Pine_first_boat_trip_34_bass_002_AFO.jpg

post-1103-144598491471_thumb.jpg

STU wrote:

only about 20 maybe they thought it was going to be heaps of people first day and they are all waiting to go till tommorow

Bugger! I slept in til 5.30 and didn't think I would have a hope of getting in.

Hope you blokes left a few for me on wednesday! Love how fat the bass get in there when the dam has some water in it!

I've got to get motivated to fit my new bow mount tomorrow, haven't got a clue about bow mounts, so it could be interesting ;)

Also got to think about how I am going to mount my stickers, I need to keep them mobile until my spare set arrive, but then they need to be able to be put on to the boat permanently after the spares arrive!

Feral wrote:

Hope you blokes left a few for me on wednesday! Love how fat the bass get in there when the dam has some water in it!

I've got to get motivated to fit my new bow mount tomorrow, haven't got a clue about bow mounts, so it could be interesting ;)

Also got to think about how I am going to mount my stickers, I need to keep them mobile until my spare set arrive, but then they need to be able to be put on to the boat permanently after the spares arrive!

i seen one guy there today that just taped his on until he got hes new boat

Plastic Man wrote:

Feral wrote:

i seen one guy there today that just taped his on until he got hes new boat

thats funny about to spend 5k plus on a boat so he tapes on a 10 dolar sticker set the dam things will have a bit of a shelf life any way

:P jason

faulked wrote:

thats funny about to spend 5k plus on a boat so he tapes on a 10 dolar sticker set the dam things will have a bit of a shelf life any way

:P jason

Not worried about cost mate, just how long it will take to get them!

If I mount them permanently on either the yak or the boat, I am stuck using only that vessel until the spares show up!

Ps I've already ordered the second set of stickers!

yeah those guys got them on a school they found it was a lot harder today the fish were a bit stung from all the fishing pressure yesterday we got around 20 today some guys got them off the schools today but many were undersize most of the bigger fish are coming from the edges i got a 2.63kg bass today going 52cm fl stu has pics

ellicat wrote:

Must be good fishing the dam without having to worry about standing on a snake. :laugh:

:laugh: Good fish guys, you all must feel like kids on Christmas morning :woohoo: :laugh:

we did run one over in the boat on the way back to the ramp i didnt see it to the last second couldnt see what happened to it after that

Wow - looks like I missed something here, sounds like NPD is open to boats now the water level is up. The other hint I got came from deckie (who has progressed to captian) braggin about some boat permit.

34 for Stu and Andrew, not bad guys. 60 from Rays source wow. How do you guys manage to keep count? I loose count somewhere around 9/10 and then start guessing.

It certianly is a magic place, thanks Ray and your mates.

Stu recognise the jumper, I saw you guys out there monday morn. Were you the first in the line that morning.

I paddled all the way down and found some schools but the wind was making it hard to stay on the spot and jig the buggers up. I got most of mine on the troll 4 in total with the biggest 41cm. The biggest I got was trying to troll in through the schools but the predatek spoonbill wasn't going deep enough I don't think. Out of interest what weight spinners was everyone using ? I lost two to bloody snags damn it !!!! I think they were 3/8oz ones TT Vortex. I'm thinking I might replace with 1/4oz ones and try to minimise getting to deep in the grass and weeds.

Cheers

Geoff

[img size=1024]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/DSC00363-041296b7859968f93b8cc8b65939ae17.JPG

post-5461-144598492074_thumb.jpg

Archived