Bass electric boat

Tom B

why is the footwell laid on an angle? does it make it hard to walk from front to back of boat?

cant give a proper reason for it being like that, it sort of just seemind like a good idea at the time, and as for walking to the back, the step is only 320mm so it isnt a problem

• 1 month later...

Well a few weeks have gone by since the last update on my tinny, had it out a few times for some reasonable success, but nothing like what wivenhoe can produce, so hopefully my luck will change when i fire up this beauty for the first time this weekend

also been tinkering with the rod locker, been a bit tricky trying to fit 10 rods into a 375 tinny, but i think i almost have it sorted, will update when i do, P8200341_AFO.jpg

Very nice work Tom it is good to see you welded the frame work and didnt rivit or screw it to gether.Rivets stretch and come loose and over time you end up with a noisy ratling boat But not your boat its built tom tough.

Luv ya sounder up the front and 10 rod storage in that Wow :ohmy: what a great rig.

• 4 months later...

Time to dig up an old post I think,

Since purchasing my sounder about....4 months ago, little work has gone on, but i have been out on Wivenhoe a few times, for mixed results.

Work on the livewell has begun and at this stage it is over 50% complete,

First i measured and cut the 4 sides to fit into the frame, then glued on triangles to keep it square while it was removed PC291033_AFO.jpg

once removed a base was traced from it, then screwed together, i also added bracing along all joints for good measure.

next was two coats of fiberglass to all joints, and a single for the sides and once dry was sanded to remove sharp burs and to give a base for the flowcoat to stick. PC301035_AFO.jpg

A very good theme with these young blokes working on their boats, their work is fantastic as is their attention to detail. Maybe there is some hope for us, if the old "she'll be right" brigade like myself are a dieing breed! I've got so many things that got finished to the "she works" stage and went no further its not funny!

Bloody excelent job there mate. I will be doing the same to my boat in the new year. Its a centre console at this stage but my plan is to get rid of the console and basically have the same set up as youve got floor wise and with the seats at the rear and have steering and electronics at the back as well.

Have you got a photo of all the hatchs open?

Archived