Moreton Bay Classic - HQ Location Changed!

Angus

Hey everyone.

It has been brought to our attention that the closest ramp to our original HQ at Cleveland was poor for launching Fiber Glass boats.

With this in mind we have taken some advice and moved the Event HQ to Manly.

I will be doing a recon Monday to ascertain the most suitable location for the actual HQ, but to overall point is that Manly boat ramp will now be the closest ramp to the HQ for those competing.

I will be going through the Forum and front page articles correcting this so bare with me.

I will also send an email to those already registered with this change.

Thanks everyone.

And good luck to all those competing.

Angus

the ramp beside brisbane coast guard is a cock up now, similar to cleveland, but some sand, i mean some. the ramp to the south, beside the qld yacht squadron is fine. pontoon thats clean, just not very big, heaps of parking for boats, and bbq facilities around the corner, on the other side of the yacht squadron.

Feral wrote:

Ah go on Gazza. That pocket rocket of yours could launch from any ramp in the southern half of the bay and be at HQ in 15 minutes!

You just need a tender so your Deckie can row you ashore!

Damm I was going to offer you a deckie spot but just read you are committed else where :(

but The offer is open if you change your mind :woohoo:

you know you want too :silly: :P

or I could tow you out and back in your Yak :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: that would be funny lmao

Gaz

If this helps any body with the launching of there boat in relation to the HQ of the mreton bay comp and are concerned about rocks at the ramp and would rather sand.

Fishermans island boat ramp has sand to one side of it.probably about 30mtrs in length even more on the low tide thow the sand disapears under water on the high tide. have already checked tide times and the low is at 2.49am with an arfternoon low at 2.18pm. this will be perfect launching and retrival for the day of the comp as there should be plenty of sand for many a boat. and the HQ is right there at a stones throw away from fisher mans island boat ramp.

Mick a simple Question for ya no offence have you ever tried to pull a 22ft plus half cab off the sand with the wind blowing it side ways to the shore fishermans ramp suks dude for bigger boats and to boot it is miles from other fishing spots in the bay :P Harries peel mud and amity banks are closer from Manly your call

Gazza wrote:

Mick a simple Question for ya no offence have you ever tried to pull a 22ft plus half cab off the sand with the wind blowing it side ways to the shore fishermans ramp suks dude for bigger boats and to boot it is miles from other fishing spots in the bay :P Harries peel mud and amity banks are closer from Manly your call

Yeah gazza i launch and retrieve my boat there more than twice a month and its a 26ft full hard cabin plate boat just shy of 2.7 tonne. Retrieval isn't that hard always drive the boat on the trailer. If it is windy.. nose into the wind till nose hits keel rollers on trailer then steer the arse end of the boat around into the wind till the boat kinda lines up with the trailer and hold it there with the motors running. Full control off the boat is gained then i drive it on in one motion ive never had a problem there mate and wes fish and i go out in 25-30knt winds often.

Actually there is one problem with that ramp which i have only experienced once and that is that the boat don't fit under the bridge on the high tide :ohmy: bugger only by a little bit will the stainless rails and radio mast rub the under side of the bridge.

an hour each side of the high and she fits with heaps of room.

i agree with rob, last time we launched at manly next to the coast guard, i wasnt impressed with the ramp, its shit to put it bluntly, i cant see alot of boats there all at once without damages being done and a bit of ramp rage :P

Archived