weekend at the pin

Troy_79

hi everyone, in a couple of weeks me and a few mates are spending the weekeend on a house boat around the broadwater/jumpinpin. i've never been a big user of lures, the last time i used a hard boddied lure was about 15 yrs ago when dad and i caught numerous trout on tassie devils.

This year though im going to get right into hb lures. We have been doing this annual trip for 10yrs now, we even have a trophy for the heaviest fish caught and i have never won it so i'm determind to win it this year.

Im heading down to bcf this week to start my collection and it would be greatly appreciated if anyone can help me pick the right lures. Im keen to try the ecogear sx40 after reading some great stories about them. my mate from work caught and released 29 flathead at the pimpama river using micro mullett (pink) 6 flathead were over 75cm!!

cheers!

Troy

Mate, sure buy yourself some of the better known lures, but if your a relative newby to lures, get your but down to the \"warehouse\" el cheapo shop and buy a couple of those 3 for $7 packs of hardbodies in their fishing section. They are a useful looking lure, probably not the best hooks, but they should last a couple of fish. Learning to use them at $2 a pop is a lot cheaper than $15 or $20 per snag or crook loop knot!

Either that or get some off Ebay, similar price better choice.

yeah berkely frenzy lures are a little over $3 each and are head and shoulders above other cheap lures another technique is if fishing a new spot cast el cheapo out suss out the snags and then use your gun lure

also go around to the many fishing forums and read their lure articles.

Thanks heaps for your help guys, i think buying the cheapos first would be a smart idea. been looking at lures on ebay and have come accross a fair few minnows. i put a bid on these ones below 10 bucks. They looked good to me am i on the right track with the minnows?

Thanks

troy [img size=200]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/81e9_2.jpg

post-618-144598406423_thumb.jpg

just remember you got to match you r lures for you r depths, you got ones that dive on the reteive and float when you stop one s that will sink when you stop

surface lures etc etc its a good start also look thru the aisles at amart and big w tasmanian devils are also an awesome and cheap lures you can get 4 for $11 I have never used them but have only heard good things.

Archived