straddie 22nd -24 report

straddiebrad

hey guys just got back from straddie and had a ball friday was great with 5 taylor caught of the rocks at the caravan park at amity it was a good start to the trip sat morning came and blew about 25knots untill 10am so after the wind droped off the day was great once again headed for the jetty were i caught a small taylor 30cm and a 35cm golden spot trevely i left there and went back to the rock wall and caught a 51 cm mullet all these fish were caught on soft plastics and then caught another mullet went 42 cm and in the arvo on dusk the bream were on using the mullet for bait they were everywhere,and that was it for the day then along comes Sunday morning time to go home not happy about that so a walk up the jetty about 430 in the morning blowin a gale i thought one more fish down on the rock wall my wife thought i was crazy incoming tide water and wind laping over the wall i needed on good fish not like the fluke with the mullet but a nice fish as the charter got canceled so i headed along the wall ankle deep in water and slippery rocks withe fresh mullet already cut in to strips and rod in hand fist cast was not happy were it went so a quick wind in and out again to the spot i liked one bump 2mins later and then felt the weight then a freight train hit after a good 15mins on 12 pound braid and a few moments when u could feel the braid coming across the rocks rod held as high as i could hold it in the air then one more run stop the fish and now to get it in buy this time i am at the tip of the rock wall with no where else to go as i get the fish were i see colour the tail fin came out of the water with a bit of luck a wave brought the fish to my feet with rod in my left hand i knelt down and my right hand straight up under the gills wind and rain and the waves drenching me and the fish was mine 20 mins later a nice 82cm snapper so all in all i had a great week end with a final pb snapper i have pics on my phone so if i can send them to someone and they could put them on this post it would be great have pics of the mullet and snapper all the others were released as i did not have the phone on me .thanks brad

noname wrote:

when you mentioned 12 braid, i thought it might have been, so who owns the rod now? :lol:
well its mine when the wifes not using it,there was that many mullet there it was just luck that the hook on the sp hooked up i dont think they had a go at it just in the wrong place at the right time for me .brad

happywally wrote:

straddiebrad wrote:
happywally wrote:
i am so jealous.

brad you have to bring me there!

haha congrats mate! FOTM!

may go next week,fotm just a bit short.brad

yeah but your snapper is LANDBASED!

thats got to count for something

mate rules ar rules and the other snapper that dhess caught is a monster,maybe next time .brad

I'm in awe! Absolutely superb fish for land based on that gear on 12lb line around razor sharp coral and rocks not too mention the other snags that litter Amity Pt. I am amazed the fish didn't reef you.

Whats even more amazing is that in about 2 dozen snorkelling and spearfishing trips off that rock wall I never saw a single snapper. Well not any over about 25cm.

dhess wrote:

I'm in awe! Absolutely superb fish for land based on that gear on 12lb line around razor sharp coral and rocks not too mention the other snags that litter Amity Pt. I am amazed the fish didn't reef you.

Whats even more amazing is that in about 2 dozen snorkelling and spearfishing trips off that rock wall I never saw a single snapper. Well not any over about 25cm.

mate it was the last rock wall going out into the bay in the caravan park,and it felt like the line was going to break as i felt in on somthing but it held i was surprised it didnt break also.brad

Archived