mud island black bass

aichepee

An ID would be good mate...do you have a Grants guide ? I know I've come home from quite a few trips and thought what the heck did I catch ?

I didn't think it would have been a black bass, still curious though !!! I work with a bloke who grew up in PNG. they used to fish for these monsters when they were kids and he said he got pulled out of the tinnie on a few occasions.....now that would be some fun fishing hey ?

I think he may have just confused the 100's of reef species out there with a Bass and called it Black from a colouration perspective rather than the species Black Bass...

No drama dude - no ones going to jump down your throat about mis identifying a fish. I think the title just got everyone excited and everyone is just keen to see what it was. Dont feel as though your letting anyone down champ - good job for catching something in the first place.

Chris

chris_stewart14 wrote:

I think he may have just confused the 100's of reef species out there with a Bass and called it Black from a colouration perspective rather than the species Black Bass...

No drama dude - no ones going to jump down your throat about mis identifying a fish. I think the title just got everyone excited and everyone is just keen to see what it was. Dont feel as though your letting anyone down champ - good job for catching something in the first place.

Chris

well said chris, thats pretty much it although what trav said cracked me up.....didnt take him too long :laugh:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived