Schools in NPD

Dinodadog

LGM and myself decided to have a look around NPD after the wind died down this morning. We trolled for the first hour and a half for zilch and then out of nowhere up pops the first bass, shortly followed by a nice yella and it was about this time I realised that each time we pulled up to land the fish that we also had fish under us although they were hard to see sitting just above the underwater trees. We proceeded to then troll this area pulling bass after bass and also getting double hookups. I mentioned to LGM that if one of us hooked up then the other would wind in slowly and this paid off a couple of times with a second hookup. It turned into a most productive session with well over 20 bass and the one yella. All bass were taken on Jackals and came from above the underwater trees or in the open water close by. It was a nice day nice company and some nice fish. I'll put a few pics up and LGM can add a few of his.

Fish while you can

Dinodadog

1st bass npd29_9_002.JPG

Thanks fellas, the hardest part of the morning is finding the fish, I dont know how many times I have seen people catch a fish then carry on trolling and not investigate the area where they just had luck. Although we never got any over 50cm bass, the ones we got made a great account for themselves fighting well above their weight, especialy the ones taken just above the trees. As far as sniffing them out, with a honker like mine its got to be good for something. ha ha

Dinodadog wrote:

we also had fish under us although they were hard to see sitting just above the underwater trees. All bass were taken on Jackals and came from above the underwater trees or in the open water close by.

Top stuff guys, don't ya love it when you crack the pattern.

I looked at the big H coming up and got itchy feet. Even managed to drill a few holes in the NPD rocket machine (it'll be finished one day).

Also from what you are describing Dino, this screams FLY to me, skirting the tops of trees hmmm...Gotta pull my finger out...

Norm

Archived