Jump to content

whats the most annoying habits ofnoobfisherpeople?


Joel Eadie

Recommended Posts

Joel Eadie wrote:

call me ocd but does it annoy anyone else when you see people reeling in while holding the bottem of the grip? :laugh:

what annoys you?

that a strange 1 .

when i'm flicking a lure i hold the rod at the bottom under the reel.

but when i am bait fishing or catching a fish. i hold it above.

not really annoyed by much .

have kids and they do weard things fishing .

have had my sun glassed ripped off my shirt ripped off .

always a big lecture and talk after something like that happens and a ban till they work it out and remember .

for a thing that annoys me is :

a newbie asking the same question every day or so ,in a new thread every time for a few months straight .

that 1 gets my goat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Davo_Dinkum wrote:

Joel Eadie wrote:
call me ocd but does it annoy anyone else when you see people reeling in while holding the bottem of the grip? :laugh:

what annoys you?

that a strange 1 .

when i'm flicking a lure i hold the rod at the bottom under the reel.

but when i am bait fishing or catching a fish. i hold it above.

.

well you would know more than me davo :laugh: i more ment when reeling in a fish though

Link to comment
Share on other sites

annoying..nah, highly amusing yes...and it`s not only the odd nooby,

ones who go to the same 1 or 2 spots,day and night, say they only get donuts,ask for advice,then seem to go back to the same 1 or 2 spots to perfect getting donuts.

Yes I have been told lately.

If you reckonise your self,please don`t take offence,its just that I have a warped sense of humour

Link to comment
Share on other sites

MoparKevUk wrote:

I'm sure Tugger would agree that a Noobie to live baiting who chucks his fish near Tuggers livvie then it all gets totally tangled up cos the Noobie didn't know you put a sinker on to stop yer livvie swimming around causing chaos might make the list!! :blush: :blush: :blush:

haha mopar.....iv been fishing with mullet before and cast complete opposite directions and they still tangle up...not often but it does happen!! very annoying cos they dont seem to do things by halves! playing ring around the rosie down there!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

as mentioned before the one that casts over your line, I have been casting from the bank and have a bloke walk up and say hows it going mate and as you cast he cast right over the top of you, when there is a mile of bank to fish. I usualy ask are they hungry and they give me a blank look, then I tell them they will get a knuckle sandwich if they do it again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ellicat wrote:

Davo_Dinkum wrote:
....

for a thing that annoys me is :

a newbie asking the same question every day or so ,in a new thread every time for a few months straight .

that 1 gets my goat.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That came to my mind too ROFL

Thats about the only thing that annoys me as well. Aside from that noobs are noobs, what do you expect? I hate when noobs are shut down for asking seemingly obvious questions. We were all clueless at some stage. Thats the point of forums where info is shared.

Funnily enough often the people shutting others down are those who were noobs a year ago and have catapulted to self proclaimed heghts of wisdom :P

Angus

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How funny are some of these answers!!

I would have to say from a actual fishing front, people who fish too close to you when there is 1 mil eof jetty, wall, or beach to chose from and then want to chew your ear off. I go fishing sometimes just so I dont have to talk to anyone.

On the forum front, I would say 16yo snotty nose kids who think they are fishing gurus and know best.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

None. Everyone has to start somewhere.

Except maybe fishing mag experts, IE someone who reads everything written by blokes pushing high end gear and tackle and loves to offer that second hand opinion to others preaching it like gospel, but that isn't just limited to New fisho's!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

None to be honest as has been said, because everyone has to start somewhere. However, if I had to pick one, the pick of the bunch would have to be when you find a nice, peaceful jetty to flick some s/p's from, or soak a bait, and then, 10 minutes later, you have 16 odd guys come down onto a 5m square pontoon, all for the fact you pull in a 20cm bream

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ellicat wrote:

Taking from a forum an not giving back :P

Apart from that -

Nothing really - they are new to the game, there is a bit to learn ;)

I must put my hand up for that im 35 and pick up a lot of tips from much younger people that i meet fishing,I'm used to getting a muscle of the rocks and chucking the line in and getting a flattie,fishing for bream (target species is a new game to me)i ask heaps of newby questions.I'll put my hand up ,very anoying i know :angry:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

dattofan wrote:

ellicat wrote:
Taking from a forum an not giving back :P

Apart from that -

Nothing really - they are new to the game, there is a bit to learn ;)

I must put my hand up for that im 35 and pick up a lot of tips from much younger people that i meet fishing,I'm used to getting a muscle of the rocks and chucking the line in and getting a flattie,fishing for bream (target species is a new game to me)i ask heaps of newby questions.I'll put my hand up ,very anoying i know :angry:

all i can give back to the forum is any-one wanting to know good spots to fish in the derwent river.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Feral wrote:

None. Everyone has to start somewhere.

Except maybe fishing mag experts, IE someone who reads everything written by blokes pushing high end gear and tackle and loves to offer that second hand opinion to others preaching it like gospel, but that isn't just limited to New fisho's!

Like the guys on tv.?Ive tried squidgies ,gulp and had nothing.drives me too %&^t tears trying all that crap.And Nothing happens :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ellicat wrote:

There's more ways to give back to the forum than just answering member questions.

I'm referring to those that join, ask their single question or ask for help, get the answer and are never heard of again (except to maybe log on infrequently to sell something etc).

Yep that is not the way to join a place like this .Them AS$%^%$ just want to join to make some dollars off people there should be a limit on the amount of posts before you can advertise ,this is a great site to learn not abuse it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ah yes i know that type .seen them about .

giving back to the forum is easy .

a fishing report .

a going fishing thread .

answering another person question or giving them your opinion

just reading a report and saying : good 1 m8

and so on .

even general conversation and chatting .its all part of what a community is about .:)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Davo_Dinkum wrote:

ah yes i know that type .seen them about .

giving back to the forum is easy .

a fishing report .

a going fishing thread .

answering another person question or giving them your opinion

just reading a report and saying : good 1 m8

and so on .

even general conversation and chatting .its all part of what a community is about .:)

You sound like a good level headed bloke Davo_Dinkum ,not on here to use and take advantage of other fishos. sorry dont want to sound like d$%k face .

your got a good opinion. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i didn't mind kev its a learning curve you rerigged and we had no more tangles fishing is about patience MoparKevUk wrote:

I'm sure Tugger would agree that a Noobie to live baiting who chucks his fish near Tuggers livvie then it all gets totally tangled up cos the Noobie didn't know you put a sinker on to stop yer livvie swimming around causing chaos might make the list!! :blush: :blush: :blush:
Link to comment
Share on other sites

bigtez wrote:

Worst 'habit' is keeping a fish when you have no idea what it is. That is all.

Agreed.

Take a quick photo and put her back - it's simple.

Went out off Noosa last weekend, and the Navman backlight blew, so had no idea where we were going. Motored for 25 minutes out to North Reef (roughly east but no idea how far we were from the usual waypoints. We had absolutely no idea of position as the five scrub fires on Northshore meant we couldn't even see landmarks... oh well, drop a line anyway.

20 minutes later we were surrounded by 4 other boats... why?

Lambs can get a bit annoying also... over 50 fish netted in 6 hours, seven keepers... noobs only lasted about 45 minutes he he he ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

depends .

usually just drop the line off a boat .

casting is to get to a structure near the boat .

but not in 50 meters of water ,i'm talking water that mite get to 8 meters deep.

wish is could cast 50 meters ,lol.

reckon i'm good for about 5 meters these days,the older i get the less coordination i have .

i find the boats fallowing other boats about to fish funny.especially when they fallow me ,as i catch nothing .they are fallowing the lost ,blind and stupid .hahaha

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.



×
×
  • Create New...