Brisbane Fishing Online Winter Camp

Angus

Should be good boys!

Angus: If we use our own yaks during the day instead of a boat, are we still able to grab some live shrimp?

I figure I'd prefer to be trolling the depths of Hinze in my own yak. I wonder how the pink boomers will go?:) I think the only problem with Hinze and lures is that the bass school deep, so most lures can't access them. That would coincide with Ferals comments about needing deep diving lures/crankbaits

In saying that, whilst I have 100% confidence in the lures being able to catch plenty of fish, If by some freakish coincidence they fail, I'd rather be able to drop back onto shrimp.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Payed the money today directly at my closest westpac branch. Will pay for the shirt tommorrow as Telstra finally got round and got the net running at our new house (2 weeks after moving in!!!). Will also get the forms filled out and sent off asap.

Really looking forward to the Winter Camp, should be a great day out chasing some nice bass.

-nelson-

i would happily give you shirt Brian but the orders gone.

Let me check with them in the morning and see if i can get them to take on one more. I cant see it being a problem but they were really adamant about the deadline.

Angus

I thought now might also be a good time to discuss car pooling????

I have a full car already, but i know there are a few people that would certainly appreciate a lift if it was not inconvenient.

Ill be taking Myself, Tanya, Amelia and Natalie.

Cheers.

Angus

Hey everyone.

Well i have some new news on teh AFO Winter Camp.

There will be a slight informal competition run over the duration of the weekend courtesy of Steve Wilkes.

On the first day there will be a prize awarded for the best fish caught on shrimp. Easch person is encouraged to keep their best fish of the day (not Saratoga or Cod!!!!!). This will also sort us out for dinner :P

The second day there will be a prize for best Lure caught fish.

On the first day please bring a small packed lunch. Steve would usually supply a lite lunch however, we are going to be staying on the water for longer than usual. Most boats will be spread out and its just not possible for Steve to get around to everyone.

Also remember, we START at 10:00am. Please be there a bit earlier to help get the boats on the water etc. With the numbers going we should be able to sort this out in minutes.

Thanks everyone.

Its going to be a good one!!

Angus

Angus wrote:

I thought now might also be a good time to discuss car pooling????

I have a full car already, but i know there are a few people that would certainly appreciate a lift if it was not inconvenient.

Ill be taking Myself, Tanya, Amelia and Natalie.

Cheers.

Angus

Yeah sounds like your doing it tough Angus? ;)

Ferg and I will be heading down from Morayfield, down the Gateway, missus will probably make me take the Rio, so could easily take another 1 or 2 if someone wants a lift.

Hey everyone.

For the AFO Winter Camp it would be advised that everyone bring a small esky along.

This will serve to both keep your lunch in during the first day as well as to keep you prize catch for the Saturdays comp!

Also thanks everyone who has paid for their T-Shirts.

There are a full half of these payments outstanding so please get onto it if you have not already. The deadline was over 10 days ago so i dont think thats unreasonable.

Cheers.

Angus

Guys reading a lot of reports on Hinze lately and there are some serious bass being caught!

50cm specimens seem quite common at the moment.

Also Steve was telling me a few people got big silvers last week as well. One Silver perch went 51cm to the fork!

Angus

Alrighty then

So i have had two people pull out today.

This means i have a spare Canoe available for 2.......

Please let me know if you would be interested.

This will be a great opportunity to meet some more AFO members and maybe branh out into different methods of fishing.

Cheers

Angus

Its going to ber a full moon (or just a couple of days after) Saturday night, I am seriously considering taking a popper or two down to the western ramp after dinner saturday night (only about 2k from the Camp). I reckon a couple of night time bass or a toga or two could be on the cards!

Hey guys just a quick one from me.

Although we officially start at 10:00am, anyone that wants to rock up a bit earlier would be appreciated.

This way i figure we can be on the water catching bass by 10:00am as opposed to just unloading boats.

Just a thought.

Steve will be there earlier as well.

I was dreaming bass last night :blush:

Angus

Hey guys,

Two things to let you know about the camp.

Firslty, as we dont want to kill bass for no reason, please bring a spare esky/container to the dam. Steve is picking up spare airators for everyone so we can keep bass live and then upgrade if we get a bigger one.

Secondly how many people will need gear from Steve? Ill be using my own, but im sure some of you will want to use the suplied gear. To save Steve bringing 30 rods and reels a general number would be appreciated.

Thanks!!!!!!

Angus

Archived