Monduran 2010 Booked

Brian D

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dusky wrote:

Also would the bass boat be suitable (flat bottom punt), or the 4.5m Quintrex be a better option ??

Thanx for the info Booty, I might book number 6 .\

Cheers

Monduran does not get to lumpy if the wind gets up, so probably either boat would do you. I'd take the one with the strongest rod holders ;) and the motor that idles best (for trolling).

Just a heads up for all attending, the abt will be running the november barra comps from the 13th to the 17th, so for some days during the week we will have a full tournament regiment running around mondy, so anyone umming and arring about booking better hurry up before they release the official dates or you might miss out

Tom B wrote:

Just a heads up for all attending, the abt will be running the november barra comps from the 13th to the 17th, so for some days during the week we will have a full tournament regiment running around mondy, so anyone umming and arring about booking better hurry up before they release the official dates or you might miss out

Seeing the comp is on I'm going to change my booking so does someone want to take over the house or should I let it go?

Yeah thanks Feral - sorry to everyone but it is not fun with those big boats and pro minded heavies are tearing around the dam. I was expecting to troll the basin but last time the comp was on the fish went deep for 5 days and it was very hard to raise them.

I'll chat with Ray to try and find an alternative venue or reschedule dates. I might just take the cabin and extend those dates if I can. I'll see what Ray says.

Brian, if your looking for alternate venues skip awoonga for the same dates as there will be comps there aswell, also the grand final at awoonga on the 19/20th nov

heres a link to the barra forum

/>http://www.fishingmonthly.com.au/bb3/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=11697

These are the likely dates for the november tour which will be held at mondy and awoonga, the exact dates for when they fish mondy during that week will be posted next week, (make any sense?)

e.g, tour runs from 13th - 17th, chances are they only fish mondy for two days, then awoonga for 2 days, with a day in between to travel from one to the other,

and unfortunately Brian is bang on, the fish will be hard to tempt after the comp, sometimes for long periods of time.

I will keep an eye on the thread and notify everyone when the dates are released

Thanks Tom. It saddens me that we found a nieche and we have lost it but Feral said last year - it's becoming familiar. I also said that maybe we ned to do a Hitchenbroke trip or Turtle Beach Trip. Right now Steve's (Sports tutition) trip to Swains is topping my list.

But I guess Ray Feral Ferg and the crew will end up at Lenthals. This is not too bad as the I am hoping to put a Marlin team together to do the Hervey Bay Billl Comp and the mad keen could do both or either.

Ray/Feral how is Lenthals shaping up?

By THe way - I do not intend to secure the house by ways of deposit. So if some other AFO person wnat my house please let me know before I cancel. I will hold the Monduran house for as long as I can without paying a deposit but when time is up the house is gone forever.

Brian D wrote:

By THe way - I do not intend to secure the house by ways of deposit. So if some other AFO person wnat my house please let me know before I cancel. I will hold the Monduran house for as long as I can without paying a deposit but when time is up the house is gone forever.

I had a quick internet chat with Ray and he seems still to be keen and not fussed about the comp. One would do a lot worse than to follow that fellows leed. Can anyone confom the dates of the comp yet? I have changed my thinking and I might confirm the house.

Ray must be thinking Lenthals on a different trip. ;) Oh to have so many fishing days available!

Well after speaking with Ray I am happy to confirm the Monduran house booking. I paid the deposit for the house (13/11/9-19/11/9) today. I have let the cabin go because if we have caught fish by then we won't need to stay and if we have not caught fish we can stay in town.

So house is

Ray, Do$, Bommie, Al and Brian $210 each.

Camping is

Dusty, Booty,Malcom, Wesfish and Gazza

Cabin is

Loz, Glenda Tom B, (maybe Ellicat)

I do appoogise for the hickup and the wobble knees and hope this hasn't stuffed anyone plans up. It's all about catching fishing in eth end so please forgive me! :ohmy:

HOpe the gorge ramp is still operational, the concrete one is a bit hard on comp days!

P1010465.jpg

P1010462.jpg

Basin gets a bit interesting too!

P1010442.jpg

Ha Ha enough stirring, you'll do ok, the skeeters wollies will roar out of sight at the start, and roar back at the end and thats all you will see of them.

I've just booked my campsite, not too sure where abouts it will be but I'll be there too, but I'm getting there on the 12th and leaving on the 16th as the wifes birthday is the 17th, so i can't miss that!!

Cheers Brian for organising everything mate, I hope to join the metery club before I leave!!

Now to work out the type of tackle to take??

Cheers.

Ok guys, we need to thank all the pro barra guys for boycotting abts plans for a split barra tour, the full tour now runs from the 12th until the 27th, with monduran being fished last on the 26th and 27th.

we now have clear water to fish

Sorry for the scare guys, and lucky Brian didn't pull out!

here is the final score for anyone intereseted

/>http://www.fishingmonthly.com.au/bb3/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=11753

Archived