Anna screws Freshwater fishos??

rayke1938

Please read extract from latest Qorf newsletter.

I wonder what SEQ water thinks about all the trail bikes churning up the countryside that is the catchment area of the dam.

I dont begrudge a group getting some funding but this seems over the top to me.

No mention of facilities being available to other groups.

What do the fishos get out of the new dam/

If you are lucky you may be allowed on it in your kayak or canoe and watch the dragon boat racing.

Cheers

Ray

State and local government deliver first major trail bike facility for SEQ

The Premier has announced that 745 ha of State Government land at Wyaralong, near Beaudesert will be set aside for SEQ's first dedicated trail bike facility.

Premier Anna Bligh and Lord Mayor Campbell Newman said the Council of Mayors (SEQ) had agreed to support and jointly fund the development of the new facility on the State-owned land.

The Government will provide $1 million in funding and 745 ha of land to the project which is expected to have an overall cost of between $3 million and $4 million.

Ms Bligh made the announcement at her 20th Community Cabinet as Premier at Forest Lake in Brisbane's western suburbs. "Off-road trail bike riding is a legitimate recreational pursuit that is becoming increasingly popular in Queensland," said the Premier. "But illegal trail bike riding is a major issue in our suburbs and this new facility will give people a place to ride their motorbikes legally.

"Trail biking is a fantastic and exciting sport but it requires careful management in appropriate environments. That's why the Government is devoting land and $1 million in funding for this new trail bike facility planned for Wyaralong

Home Industry Information

Joint Statement

30/11/2009

The Honourable Anna Bligh

Premier and Minister for the Arts

The Honourable Phil Reeves

Minister for Child Safety and Minister for Sport

The Premier has announced that 745 ha of State Government land at Wyaralong, near Beaudesert will be set aside for SEQ's first dedicated trail bike facility.

Premier Anna Bligh and Lord Mayor Campbell Newman said the Council of Mayors (SEQ) had agreed to support and jointly fund the development of the new facility on the State-owned land.

The Government will provide $1 million in funding and 745 ha of land to the project which is expected to have an overall cost of between $3 million and $4 million.

Ms Bligh made the announcement at her 20th Community Cabinet as Premier at Forest Lake in Brisbane's western suburbs. "Off-road trail bike riding is a legitimate recreational pursuit that is becoming increasingly popular in Queensland," said the Premier. "But illegal trail bike riding is a major issue in our suburbs and this new facility will give people a place to ride their motorbikes legally.

"Trail biking is a fantastic and exciting sport but it requires careful management in appropriate environments. That's why the Government is devoting land and $1 million in funding for this new trail bike facility planned for Wyaralong.

"We are responding to the needs of local residents and riders, while also ensuring they do not impact on the natural environment."

Council of Mayors (SEQ) Chairman, Cr Campbell Newman, said South East Queensland's 230,000 trail bike riders need more legal and safe riding options that won't disturb local neighbours.

"This is the best solution to trying to reduce illegal riding in unsuitable sites that adversely affect local residents and the environment," Cr Newman said.

"The Council of Mayors (SEQ) has been working in partnership with the State Government to identify a suitable major facility site over the past year.

"We welcome the State Government's commitment and are willing to keep working with them to identify a suitable operator to develop and manage the site effectively and safely.

"This is a very good outcome for both trail bike riders and SEQ residents."

Planning for Stage 1 of the park is expected to be completed mid next year when the Council of Mayors will take over responsibility for its construction.

# Stage 1 is likely to involve a basic camping facility, about 30 km of trail, signage, a natural terrain motocross course, a parking area and toilets.

# Stage 2 of the park will provide improved camping facilities (with power, showers), a constructed motocross track (including race tower, spectator area, starting gates), additional trails and signage, and a kiosk/café

"This site at Wyaralong, near Beaudesert, was identified because its terrain is well suited for trail bike riding. The natural topography of the area also means that noise and dust will be largely contained in the park area," said the Premier.

"The location is also one that can be easily accessed by trail bike riders from all over the South East and especially Ipswich, the Gold Coast, Brisbane and Toowoomba."

Minister Reeves said the State Government has been working in partnership with the Council of Mayors (SEQ) to help identify suitable land in the south east for regional trail bike facilities.

"Queensland's booming population has made it increasingly difficult for councils to deliver these types of facilities so the state government agreed to partner with the Council of Mayors (SEQ)" said the Minister.

"This is the first major regional facility, however councils will continue to identify other smaller facilities to complement the Wyaralong site."

The development of the Wyaralong site is part of the Queensland Government's commitment under Toward Q2: Tomorrow's Queensland to protect 50 per cent more land for nature conversation and public recreation.

Scenic Rim Regional Council Mayor and Deputy Chair of the Council of Mayors (SEQ), John Brent, said he strongly backed the project and said it offered many benefits to his constituents and to all communities throughout the region.

"This will be a great facility for local residents and it will attract visitors from all over South East Queensland to our area," he said.

Getting scrwed by Anna is not a very inviting thought at all and the only thing I have against Trail bikes is that they tend to knock my spotties out of alinement when you untangle them from the bull bar. But if putting one little park in for them in SEQ is going to solve the problem of wankers on dirt bikes everywhere ( at least untill some fool breaks their neck and sues the state) then why not.

As I said in original post I dont begrudge the trail bike riders getting a home but when you look at the details you realy have to think why in that location. It is the land surrounding the new dam and according to my maths 750 ha is only 3 square miles.

Be very interesting how they will manage having no impact on the natural environment

with a high usage in a small area.

Also very strange thinking when they only allow paddle power on the water and yet allow a noisy sport in the adjacent area.

I would assume that the bike riding will be managed by a club. Wonder what their membership will be worth? Will you have to be a club member to ride? Will there be daily fees also?

May have to dig up the draft management plan and look at it again.

Cheers

Ray

they got black duck to ride at .

when its not closed down .

heard it close and reopened and so on ,going broke and stuff .

maybe they could invest $ into a all ready running park .

i like a trail ride on a bike time to time too.

better to be in a proper place that in the bush tracks around the suburbs and bush.

at least they could have it controlled somewhat and safety and first aid etc around .

750 ha going to get flogged if a fair few bikes go there.

fishing on this dam bugger that .

no way i want to fish or camp etc ,where there are motor bikes hammering around all day .

but if u are going to let bikes hammer around all day mose well have the dam open to everything .

Thats funny coming from a government thats crying poor! The whole reason the trail bikers are in the local suburbian bushlands is because its free building another park that they have to pay to get into and sign an insurance waver isn't gonna fix tthere problem. Those couple of million dollars could be better spent on restocking or getting rid of the skilice on SEQ dams! my 2cents.

Illigal trail bike riding in 'free' bushland areas is a massive problem out this way and every day the question is asked 'well where can we ride then?' I think its a great idea to establish a purpose built facitily away from a residential area for people to spend a day, a weekend, a week there riding legally.

Black Duck has recenlty re opened, but at a cost. Its $1116 for the first years membership and then $360 a year after that, and then you have camping at $10 per head per night on top of that....

^^ Good point, but they will still ride in the local bush every weekend, why drive 40+k's to get to beauy when Forestdale is just down the road. I used to drive hundreds of k's to go fourbing mainly Landcruiser park, then City view opened (then closed up due to ___ owner)

at Beauy and know the sport is getting far to expensive, so we are looking for local tracks.

i like the idea of the dedicated riding zone/park , do i like the idea of turning it into a 4 mil project hell freakin no! if you said to anyone that rides, heres this spot to ride heres roughly the borders stay in them and we wont bother you go hell for leather , i bet you could go out there and all the crap about building tracks etc would be done with no expense.

kriso wrote:

i like the idea of the dedicated riding zone/park , do i like the idea of turning it into a 4 mil project hell freakin no! if you said to anyone that rides, heres this spot to ride heres roughly the borders stay in them and we wont bother you go hell for leather , i bet you could go out there and all the crap about building tracks etc would be done with no expense.

true that .

tell them here is your spot .

and they would build the tracks ,jumps etc .

they have build heaps in the local bush lands around the area ,so u give them a spot and it would happen for sure .

The problem is not the lack of places to ride the bikes, the problem is the boofhead parents who buy the bike for their spoilt little children, knowing there is no where for them to ride them. Then whinging about lack of facilities as justification for letting them ride them in the local bush and on the local streets....

Feral wrote:

The problem is not the lack of places to ride the bikes, the problem is the boofhead parents who buy the bike for their spoilt little children, knowing there is no where for them to ride them. Then whinging about lack of facilities as justification for letting them ride them in the local bush and on the local streets....

You want to see them really go off when the get a fist full of tickets for permitting unregistered and uninsured vehicle to be ridden on a road.

Ride them legally, or dont ride them at all as most of the population have had a gutful of wing ding ding ding bikes going up and down the road, back fence or any other place thats not their own backyard!

yeah

we get heaps of them about here .

i don't care much when they in the bush land ,but around the streets that's another thing .

and at night too ,almost hit a few of them at night ,on the streets no lights rego etc .

no helmets sometimes too ,madness.

had 1 fly down our street on one of those little 80 cc thumper.no brakes straight into and thought the fence as the end of the street .

for those that think this is going to work here's a ?

have you ever seen two cars drag racing at a set of lights on our street ?

Well i can answer that with a yes why does this happen if we have a drag strip out at willobank that run two nights a week almost all year round and only cost approx $38 to get in and race all night.

Why because most people cant aford to spend $40 dollars in fuel, just in their cars to get to and from the place and the entrance fee and fuel in their car to race so they just keep doing on our road even with the threat of having their cars taken away.

Its not the moneyJoe, its that they cant be bothered following a few rules and regs. (Or risk going up against someone who actually can drive!) You local hoons probably go through $100 of fuel, $400 of tyres, and a crap load of wear on their motor and drive train every friday night. $40 gate fee is nothing to them.

can i get a consensus answer here if the trail bikes were near silent so you dont have to listen to there screaming exhausts would we put up with the degradation to the land i know i would happily as dirt bikes are great fun stop you taking drugs and keeps you in the bush and off the streets soo maybe 4 mill researching better muflers would be a good idea.

so guys silent bikes ok /yes or no

Mate,no need for exhaust technology, if they got rid of 2 stroke motor bikes, the complaints would drop dramatically. Just leaves the dust nuisance issue, and you have to be fairly close for that..

Unlicensed, unsupervised and unregistered is still a major issue, but not from a public complaint perspective, only for the parents who cop the fines and bills.

I know what you mean, the old thumpers didn't have the high revs and crazy powerband, but you should see what they done to 4 stroke mx bikes in the last few years, 1 mate put his 09 crf 250 next to his 02 cr 125 and the cr 125 2 stroke motor actually looks bigger then the crf 250 4 stroke, and the power and torque is there all through the revs, it's unbelievable how far they have come. The 2010 yamaha yzf has direct fuel injection B)

dam dam good fun

oooh i must read a mx mag that sounds very cool. been abloody long time for me my kx was friggin air cooled at least the cr was built in the nintys

i just wish they could build a leckie one that makes no noise since getting a leccie boat any stink boat sounds loud even 4str mind you the speed is a bit on the average side :blush:

Guys 95 percent of the bikes on MX tracks are now 4 strokes and the complaints from people are still coming thick and fast even with a 98db sound limit.They are no noisier than a lawn mower but people think motorbike ahhh what an annoying noise... Which would they prefer motorbike or kids vandalizing, egging or drinks and drugs. Good example they opened up a track at chandler inside the valadrome complied with all noise testing o several occasions and some old bloke complained so much they shut it down i had a friend who lived about 100m away and said she could barely hear it and it was no noiser than the road noise of old cleveland, so figure that out the council shut down a track that catered for a 100+ people because some old bloke rang the council everyday until it was closed

Sorry i will finish my rant now

Did i mention they are about to close reddy creek track down because a new housing development has been done beside the track and it is now considered to noisey. The track has been there for 20+years what is wrong with these morons build a house beside a MX track exspect some noise not rocket science

Sorry again little of topic

98db from a 4 stroke mx hahah your kidding how many are actually running round with stock exhuast on them throw a pipe on to make her breathe better and then oops more like 100+ db, i dont give a shit about the noise, i like to listen to them and here when they have come a cropper or missed a gear etc.

darlingting park was closed for noise even though it was limited to 98db and lakeside( although it has been reopened due to heavy protest) that left us with QR and that track is boreing as bat shit.

this is avery hard subject to comment on as it is very close to my hart!

all i can say without going overboard is the track is needed 100% out here!

thare is allot of places to fish out here other the those 3 hectars mentioned!

but there is nowhere to ride our bikes at all!!!

the problem i have found is when you do ride your bike in the 400.000 property you braught expecialy to do so! you find the cops on your door because your bloody neighbour has no life and nothing better to do then complain about the noise!

im getting way to worked up about this post so i will say no more and end with this!

why is it that almoast all of you bike haters can sit 2ft from a 2stroke outboard reving its titts off at 5000rpm without a wory in the world! but when a bike does the same noise but probebly allot quieter or further away you want to do evrything possable to stop him having fun or maybe learning his profession! (yes i want my son to race bikes for a living and fall back to mechanics)

there is plenty more fish out there fellas so leave this dam alone its for us! the riders :P

my 2 cents!

Ian

i reckon the motor bike and outboard motor are to noisy .

but when u sitting on the bike or driving the boat it's a different story hey .

still bloody noisy but u put up with it cause u having fun.

not being able to ride on your own property sucks .

i want to get a block of land 1 day with a shed out in whoop whoop ,so me and the kids can ride bikes and 4x4 about etc .

my bro's and mates and there mates all have late model bikes in the mid 2000's .

i reckon the 2 or 4 stroke are all about the same noise level and both go just as hard as each other .the 4 stroke is just a deeper sound .

atm the only bike's we have are a mini 50cc quad and a mini 50 cc trail.

both good fun ,but we don't ride them much as i got to put them on a trailer and go out to mates property to ride them.

Noise pollution. I don't mind the noise, but I don't like the repetitiveness. Just like jet skis, police sirens, burglar alarms, barking dogs. The noise isn't really an issue, it's the annoyingness of when it goes on and on and on and around and around and around that does my head in. Throw anti-social behaviour like the jet skier at the ramp or the dog owner that ignores the cause (or needs) of the barking dog, and then you have a reasonable complaint.

As for the original topic, it seems like a fair idea to give the dirt bikers somewhere to go, but seems a bit too small an area. Maybe they should set aside a lot more areas on the fringes for this activity. I'm all for access to the great outdoors for those that want it. Locking areas up without good reason is the very poor philosophy of the Green groups.

I'm not a bike hater Rummy, Used to race bikes for years. Also chased pigs on them for years. The question is why do bike riders in or near the big smoke think it is there right to ride them illegally? Then get all uppity about people complaining about the racket?

I never illegally rode them in the public bush or around people's houses. Also all my bikes were both registered, and meet exhaust noise requirements.(Stock exhausts) - also they were all 4 strokes! Why crap in your own nest by using a load stinky obnoxious 2 stroke?

By all means build a few more tracks around the place - I am all for it. The Kilcoy track is a very strong club, they have free camping at their grounds overnight, great bunch of blokes. They are also right next door to the fishing club road, never had an issue with them.

A few more setups like that are definitely needed, but honestly most of the yahoo's riding in the bush illegally will keep doing it. A I said earlier they dont want to conform to the rules and regs.

Back to the original post. Here is a link to the draft management plan.

wyaralongdam.com.au/Portals/1/Draft%20Re...anagement%20Plan.pdf.

There are 80 odd pages in it and I dont know how to copy and paste from it so you will have to have a read yourselves.

Hers is one very pertinent bit from page 46 paragraph 4.36 which states in part

"

It should be noted that trail bike riding and four wheel driving are concidered incompatible with those activities being contemplated for the majority of the Wyaralong dam area,particually on the Northern Side of Teviot Brook. "

Guess where they are going to put it. Thats right on the northern side of the dam just upstream from the dam wall.

Also talks about combined area usage with push bikes,horses and hikers. Get real recipe for disaster.

They consulted with nearly 80 different groups tin the lead up to the manahement and guess what not one fishing related group.Yet included 12 horse ,8 canoeing,dragon boat ,and rowing clubs,One motorcyles,and 6 bicycle groups plus a lot of other misc groups.

Besides fishing the only other sport they seemed to miss out on was the Monduran Greenies catch and release police. :blush:

I do not doubt that a dedicated trail bike area is urgently needed close to the major population centre and it would appear to me that Anna and Cambell Neuman has ganged up on the Boonah Shire and said its yours mate.

What Anna is looking for is a future use of the construction village that will become the accomodation centre for the proposed users and she is trying to maximise the use and finiancial return of it by bringing in a large group of potential users.

Have another look at page 70 paragraph 6.6 where it says user pays, camping,access and parking.

As I said before have a good read of the whole Document.

Cheers

Ray

Looks like that I possibly may have to eat crow. I have just thoroughly reread the press release and studyed n

the map.

The press release does not sat that the facility is actually at the dam. It just names the vicinity. The bike course shown on the map is a BMX course not a trial bike course.

I have sent an email to local member asking for exact location.

Cheers

Ray

Archived