your catch of the year

James W

an easy one for me!

i have been fishing in cod waters for 10 years or more and never seen a cod! then one day fishing with lee i got one! 3 to be exact! but the first cod will always stick in my mind..the place we were fishing, the weather,the cast , the strike and the first glimpse of a green fish had me overwhelmed with joy! it was a amazing moment for me..not a huge fish but all the other factors mentioned (along with the 10 yrs waiting!) made it a very cool moment for me.

and lucky for me, "when it rains, it pours!" :)cod-20091224.jpg

Several for this year coming in at third, my 43cm jack on a tt switch gold bouy 1/4 and on the kayak. Coming in at second was the 46cm bass from yabba ck of a 3inch pumkin seed off the canoe I bought for dad. But what I consider as my best catch for the year was my 47cm squire caught a tn60 at the end of the extension of the port. This was to be my first fish caught on a hb, cast and retrieve, I've only ever caught fish on hb's whilst trolling.

47cmsquirefromportofBrisbaneonaJack.jpg

Then theres the saratoga from Borrumba, actually this years been very productive on the water :) hopefully next year will be as fruitful.

straddiebrad wrote:

i would have to say the 82cm snapper i got in the wind ,rain and cold off north straddie on the rocks outside the caravan park at amity point,on 12 pound braid,using a bream hook and strip of mullet.brad

That sticks out in my mind from this year's reports too. Excellent result landbased, Brad !

I've had a fairly sparse year of fishing and am somewhat humbled to report my best catch was a meagre 37cm bream fishing with faulked a week or so ago. :blush: Either that or a monstering eagle ray that just about spooled me about a month ago when fishing with old mate Chubbstar and faulked.

ellicat wrote:

straddiebrad wrote:
i would have to say the 82cm snapper i got in the wind ,rain and cold off north straddie on the rocks outside the caravan park at amity point,on 12 pound braid,using a bream hook and strip of mullet.brad

That sticks out in my mind from this year's reports too. Excellent result landbased, Brad !

I've had a fairly sparse year of fishing and am somewhat humbled to report my best catch was a meagre 37cm bream fishing with faulked a week or so ago. :blush: Either that or a monstering eagle ray that just about spooled me about a month ago when fishing with old mate Chubbstar and faulked.

i hope you checked that ruler mate i still recon it was at least a metre of bream

:P

Archived