just a general chat!

noname

mono vs fluro?

just a chat over a beer or 2 ok.

yeah i know this topic has been here time and time again, but go easy ok.

flurocarbon for clear waters! why then is it needed in the brizzy river? last time i looked it wasn't that clear. :lol:

i use mono offshore in much clearer waters and with no problems, sure in deeper waters, keeping in mind the fish targeted have way better sight too, they have to have.

so the question for yas is why do we continue to catch fish offshore in very clear waters without using flurocarbon?

it's not that i don't like fluro, it's the cost of the gear i am pissed about, thats all, and ya don't need it i believe. if you are where the fish are anysh!t will work.

sit's back and waits for this to take off now. buggar , goin to moolloolaba tomorrow, and i need fluroocarbon. :laugh:

robbo!

Got talked into using fluro as the main line instead of mono on my old Abu 7000 by a reputable tackle shop. Was thinking about changing to braid on that reel at the time, but ended up taking the fluro option and had been cursing ever since - harder to cast, more regular overruns. Today it proved its worth on a big threadie that managed to wrap itself around the anchor rope a few times. I think ordinary nylon would have rubbed through, but the fluro hung tough. Just about to resize the photo and post a report.

Cheers

Steve

Mostly regular mono and braid for me. Hard to justify the cost of fluoro. The only place I will use it is offshore for plastics but then i use it mainly for abrasion resistance.

I think it may have been on the forum that someone reported having a look at fluoro and mono side by side under water in a swimming pool wearing goggles and both were equally visible.

I have heard this comment hundreds of times,that fluro is too exspensive.The boat,fuel,rods,reels,braid,bait and your time getting there and back. give yourself that extra bit of deception by using fluro, it's not as if you use 100's of metres every trip.

fluro everytime for me. I need all the help i can get.

Cheers

Bri.

I would say the reason why the fish don't care offshore is because there is more of them, less fishing pressure and thus they're easier to catch (once you find the right spot of course)

But I am getting a little sick of this topic bouncing up. To everyone, if you don't think it's worth it, don't bloody buy it. Problem solved (genius I know...)

Ha Ha Cowfish! Making note in diary, bring up mono V Flouro topic every 6 weeks ;)

I use both, depending on my mood, sometimes I will just use the braid straight to the lure / hook, particulary if it is really weedy or I am feeling lazy. (that's the advantage of buying braid that does not look a paint colour from a lifestyle show!)

kriso wrote:

tinnie vs fibreglass hull, ford vs holden, mercury vs yamaha etc etc, are all arguements that are easily solved use what you want to use and screw what everyone else says its your coin your choice you are the only one that has to live with it.

Yeah - wouldn't see one of those Green ones doing this! No where near tough enough :kiss:

huskies_are_tuff_7089.jpg

Archived