Quintrex Hornet 435 Stolen last night

ozlad

Hi Guys, well i have taken a week off to go fishing before starting my new job. Woke up this morning and walked outside to pack the boat to notice it wasn't on the back of my ute. Simply my boat has been stolen, 4 weeks after being broken into and all my fishing gear being stolen. I have attached a image of my boat if you happen to see it. Boat rego is RO782Q. It is a Quintrex hornet trophey 435 red black and white with a 40hp Mercury 4 stroke. I might be grasping at straws right now but thought it was worth a shot.

cheers guys,

boat_1-20100325.jpg

They really need to bring in National Service again to teach people some respect, or if that doesn't work chopping their thumbs off, see how much they can steal then. Shouldn't be a hard boat to spot if it is still around, will keep my eyes open.

Thanks everyone for keeping an eye out and suggestions. I'm in the process of talking with the police etc etc. Just shits me big time as i feel like someone has been wathing my movement closely. Here i was thinking red hill was an alright area obviosuly not.

cheers again

List of the fishing gear stolen previously

- 2x 1.2m rob allen spear guns

- 1x 105 L tropical ice box

- 1 x 787 hummingbird sounder

- 1 x shimano curado CU200 E5 on a Loomis CR724

- 1 x symtre 2500 on a raider finesse bream

- 1 x shimano stradic 4000 on a starlostix Med spin

Plus all my lures and boxes

have been keeping an eye on ebay for these items but nothing has come up yet

Mate what "bastards" I'll keep my eyes peeled as I'm in & around Brisbane all day & night!! being a Cabbie you be suprised what I see. Redhill hey only Junkies would be stupid enough to steal it & flog it off fast & there's plenty around well everywhere really but mate I'll let all the cabbies know as we have a few boats & fish around the place us cabbies are every where, I'll put the word out.

Steve

racingsteve wrote:

Mate what "bastards" I'll keep my eyes peeled as I'm in & around Brisbane all day & night!! being a Cabbie you be suprised what I see. Redhill hey only Junkies would be stupid enough to steal it & flog it off fast & there's plenty around well everywhere really but mate I'll let all the cabbies know as we have a few boats & fish around the place us cabbies are every where, I'll put the word out.

Steve

Good onya racingsteve. That's definitely a good network to tap into for this stuff :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys it has been as i have just started working on Barrow Island WA. I recieved a phone call from the police last week. They found my boat abandoned, fully stripped missing the motor. The boat had been re-painted black (hand painted) and put near some national park or reserve just north of Brisbane.

I just wanted to say thankyou to everyone who kept an eye out for my boat and suggested ways in which i could find/locate it.

Cheers again i really appreciated all your support.

shame to get it back in that condition mate...

just out of interest guys in general are boats an easy thing to "rebirth?" what is stopping someone from stealing it and getting it re-registered in their name?

I am a first time boat owner my brother and I have gone halves in a 3.75m Mako with a 15hp Yammy it seems kinda like if it was stolen you wouldnt see it again

A few of my friends have had Dirt bikes stolen never to be seen again as they dont go through the same sort of control methods as cars do...

so whats the go with a boat?

Archived