is 50 hp to much ?

noname

yeah prob go with a tohhy, but also thinkin bout a yammy too, gettin prices this week, it has a lot of weight in this, believe me, so the 30 was gunna be the lower end of things for me, only concern is the short shaft! but to hell with it, :laugh:

wouldnt be to concerned about the sharft lengh.these motors are used on the surf racing wing boats. stocko motors are used and there got a leg thats like only 15 inch or somthing didnt really take that much notice of the leg was to busy stairing at the massivly raked props there running to crack the 75km mark :laugh: .

that tinnie of yours rob does look heavy now you metion it.all the carpet must have some decent plywood under it.

mick

hey so... obviously the boat isn't rated to take a 50... if you were to do it with compliance in mind.. what do you have to do?? and would it be worth it??

Wouldn't mind looking at a bigger one for mine... its a little difficult to get on the plane with 2 people and a full live well.

Do$tylz wrote:

hey so... obviously the boat isn't rated to take a 50... if you were to do it with compliance in mind.. what do you have to do?? and would it be worth it??

Wouldn't mind looking at a bigger one for mine... its a little difficult to get on the plane with 2 people and a full live well.

Give Ally Craft a ring, they should get you pointed in the right direction. You might be surprised at how easy it is ;) You can get a small 40hp that comes in under the weight limit so it is only the hp rating that needs attention.

Why only a 50 Rob? :woohoo:

No worries. Was very tempted to do it myself but never got around to it. There are a few other things you will have to do to get it to work right. You won't be able to use the jacking plate so you will have to extend the transom a bit as it is way too short. There would be a few holes to then fill. If you do decide to go ahead let me know if you need a hand with anything.

Have some bits and pieces here too, will have to get them to you someday soon.

A mate of mine has a 3.95 bass tracker, originally he had a 30hp tohatsu, a few mods to the rear end , couple of aluminium struts for support, thicker and larger plate over the transom ,and he now has a 50hp 4 stroke Honda tiller steer, and she flys, just like a mini skeeter. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

shortie wrote:

snapsnap wrote:
funny stuff aside, I would recommend a thirty for that boat. what does the boat weigh appox? length looks about 4 meter max

YOu will find Noname isnt being funny. Its highly likely that a 50hp will go on the back of that boat.

Definately :P

seen a 12 footer down the coomera with a 50hp on it, all he done was put extra floatation at the transome, big blocks of foam strapped in and he moved the fuel tank forward for weight up front. it boogied along, and sat normal when at rest with the big motor!! and extra reinforced transom to take the weight. make sure you get some video footage of it screaming along lol you will need travis up front for weight as well for the launch :laugh:

bigtez wrote:

Do$tylz wrote:

Give Ally Craft a ring, they should get you pointed in the right direction. You might be surprised at how easy it is ;) You can get a small 40hp that comes in under the weight limit so it is only the hp rating that needs attention.

Why only a 50 Rob? :woohoo:

cos lookig for some 1 to make the big 1 for me. B)

Archived