Pipis?

Yoodles82

Ok so its that time of year again and i'm heading to fraser island in early september.

Remembering my haul of pipis from last years trip, and with the recent redclaw cookup adventure, i thought i'd ask about the humble pipi. ;)

So...Can we eat them? Is it worth trying to cook them up or are they best on the hook instead? :P

I'm inspired to try these lesser known fruits of the sea so any hints would be appreciated! :cheer:

Cheers

Nat

stinkyibis wrote:

Not bad to eat cooked. More and more people are eating them, I have personally eaten them live, dug straight out of the sand which wasnt too bad but I wouldn't recommend anyone else do that!

Yeah....No thanks!

I'll give cooking them ago :-)

Thanks for the tips guys ;)

I never bothered again after my first try years ago when I crunched through a sandy couple and decided bait was a better option. :unsure:

They have been responsible for poisoning people so make sure you keep them very fresh and remember there is a 50/person possesion limit.

the S@#t sack is the green/brownie bit attached to the fleshy tongue.The tongue bit is the best to eat, even raw like oysters!!! But really important to flush them for a few hours to get that sand out!! Then use them in any mussel, oyster or clam style dish. Bon appetite!

Archived