[RESOLVED] what happened to afo overnight

jeff f

We are rolling out some new changes/features including a minor brand and design refresh. There will be some teething issues as this is a large fundamental change (which will keep us in good stead going foward) allowing for us to keep up with technology, provide better usability for users and quicker performance.

Over the next week or so these issues will be ironed out

jeff f wrote:

i just wish it would stop kicking me off every 5 %$#@ing minutes

jeff,

could you please outline what behaviour happens. So what browser you are using, where do you sign in, and what happens (what is shown) when you are 'kicked off'

Joel Eadie wrote:

i like the new look

but im not heaps keen on how now the topics dont fade once you have viewed them, i spose its not that big an issue though

Do you mean that the colour of the forum discussion title changed colour after clicking on it? Did this behaviour occur previously?

We will be doing some work on the forum as well in the coming days/weeks and will be reviewing the design and function then.

webmaster wrote:

Joel Eadie wrote:
i like the new look

but im not heaps keen on how now the topics dont fade once you have viewed them, i spose its not that big an issue though

Do you mean that the colour of the forum discussion title changed colour after clicking on it? Did this behaviour occur previously?

We will be doing some work on the forum as well in the coming days/weeks and will be reviewing the design and function then.

before updates, on the main page the recent discussions used to fade (from blue to grey) once you clicked on them untill there was a new post. now they stay the same colour after you have viewed the post

webmaster wrote:

Joel Eadie wrote:
i like the new look

This has been happening to me also, I have noticed it over the last few days, using ie8, dont know about other browsers, also might want to put this on a different server or up the bandwidth, as its very slow to load up, once your on the site its nice and quick, but the initial load is very slow.

Death Ray wrote:

YES, GREAT having to login constantly is a real improvement.

Well done

What browser are you using?

I would say the upgrade has deleted you cookie or something like that,so the site does not recognise you.

I assume your using FireFox, if so there is a fix for the login thing, reply if so and I will post the simple steps to reset your cookies.

cheers

Death Ray wrote:

No, IE8. Happens whenever an upgrade is done.

not sure but Internet options-delete all temp files, form data and saved passwords, even the history, do a clean sweep.

This should give you a clean slate.

Then log into the site (site should not recognise you or remember any details) with your details, check "Remember me" box and when IE8 asks you if you want to remember the login click yes.

Should work but I don't use IE8.

cheers

• 8 months later...

Archived