Free For All

Angus

Please post your suggestions for the next Brisbane River Classic Event below

Please note if you wish to add to or change your original post please just edit your original post.

To make the information easier to digest for the people organising this event any second postings will be deleted.

in december... as its warmest and best for bullies and threadies

weigh in at newstead park or newfarm park... just for a change from sherwood

prizes for heaviest bream, cattie, bullie, other shark (including shovel nose), and other fish.. maybe best lure caught and bait caught fish...

prizes might be, sp's/light threadline gear for bream, traces/heavy mono for sharks and other sharks

Also extend it over the weekend instead of just the day

troy

Troy thanks for the suggestion. New farm is a good one. Newstead not so good as there is limited parking and people will have boat trailers, thats why Sherwood worked so well. Yes the Shark category will just be biggest shark not restricted to one species. And troy the comp always did go over the whole weekend, how else would you have won with a salmon caught on friday night for a sunday weigh in :P

Post edited by: Angus, at: 2006/07/14 08:19

i dont remember there being a boat ramp at newfarm???? theres a boat ramp at newstead/breakfast creek ... or did you just get the two mixed around???

troy

No i did not get them mixed up. New farm park has good parking. Newstead has none. Newstead is not an option for the Weigh-in. It will be impossible for cars with boat trailers to get a park anywhere near the location.

Angus

Post edited by: blue_mako, at: 2006/07/14 12:18

also i think all categories should be for heaviest fish not longest

Post edited by: blue_mako, at: 2006/07/17 22:01

Yeah, depending on how many teams we have.. there could be like $30 entry fee per team or something.

Then, the prize money could be divided into 1st 2nd 3rd like: 60%, 30% and 10% (or products worth that)

As for duration: I'd like to see it as more than a weekend, maybe like a weekend + an extra day. So like 0:00 Friday until 16:00 Sunday.

I recommend Late December, (like around christmas time)

/>http://www.diveoz.com.au/temperatures/default.asp

As you can see from there, the later the better, becasue that's when the waters are warmer. Also, around the end of Dec I have two weeks off cricket. So that'd be great too:P

Post edited by: TerryH, at: 2006/07/13 23:36

Terry at this stage it will be fiday throuh till sunday dont worry.

and yes tis time i will be a little more money (not much) but for the benefit of better prizes not profit. Thanks Terry

Post edited by: Angus, at: 2006/07/14 08:22

Well its gotta be somewhere I can get my trailer in (for the 10 foot Bull shark I'll be bringing to the weigh in)

Its gotta be somewhere with an industrial bin (coz I am not taking that 10 foot bull shark home)

Somewhere with a boat ramp (or public access pontoon as 2nd best) close would be handy for those with boats

Its gotta be somewhere you can set up and leave it there for the 2 or 3 days of the comp (somewhere you can wait around safely Angus, so you can measure my 10 foot bull shark at 4:00am)

Maybe you need to set up an officials structure (not to officious) but to see if you can get some volunteers to man \"headquarters\" on a roster system for the duration of the event.(Making it easier to keep headquarters setup for the duration)

Finish the event off with a BBQ / social gathering for the last couple of hours.

Make final weigh in 30 mins before start of the \"event\"

how's all that sound?

That all sounds pretty good to me. Yes there will be an \"Event\" so the location we choose will take that into consideration. And the officials bit, ill have to do some more planning around this. Obviously we need the provision to be able to weigh smethng in at ay time, coz i dont think you want to hang onto a ten footer :P from friday night till the sunday weigh in. And mate if not held at a boat ramp i will make sure there is plenty of room to pull up with a boat trailer for the weigh in. Thanks.

Post edited by: Angus, at: 2006/07/14 08:26

What are peoples thoughts on Queensport or West End somewhere.

There are boat ramps at both and plenty of room to setup up a HQ and end of event function, and they are both sort of central

]John where is Queensport? And which Boat ramps in West End are public? Thats the kind of area i would be keen to do it. Angus

Queensport is at Murrarie. Nearish the Gateway Bridge. huge long stretch of the river, and a long bank of grassy riverfront. Public boatramp.

Also, West End has a public boatramp near the concrete factory. down the train end of milton reach.

IM not picky when it comes to locations. Also I think $20-$30 would be an ideal entry price.

Dave this is pretty much the price range i was thinking as well.

I think everyone can afford 30 for such a rare occurance.

And it will seriosuly benefit the prizes.

Post edited by: Angus, at: 2006/07/16 18:21

They are all good ideas and you can count me in. Any comp sounds good me as I fish every weekend (unless I'm working). My main thought would be sooner rather then later! Like August then Sept then Oct then Nov etc, maybe miss Dec cause we are all too busy catching sharks!

But I am not running this scene. Hello pay attention: Hat's off to those who are running things, I have done 20 years of charity work with little reward other then God's blessing, so to you guys who are running things, thank you, I do appreciate your effort.

Entry fee of $20 - $30 is ok with me but make sure it is OK with everyone! Most fishermen spend their money on hooks and line!

Prizes are great but secondary to catching the biggest fish!

Please make the timing in sync with the moon phase and tides for best catch. Maybe weekend before or on or after the full moon.

Edit: Feral you are not allowed to weigh in sharks wrapped in newspaper from the markets!

Post edited by: TerryH, at: 2006/07/17 00:00

Are we talking $30 per person? That may be just little bit to much. Some people have familys may want to enter. Family of 5 or so is $150. Thats a lot of money. But there might be some costs im not aware of.

Tim

Ok ignore the previous post Tim, looks like the opinion has swayed heavily back in teh favur of teams. Look like this will be the go. How about $50 a team? To much. Remember by having three man teams this is still much cheaper than originally planned. And its not like this money goes to me.

Cheers. Angus

Post edited by: Angus, at: 2006/07/18 16:32

Post edited by: Angus, at: 2006/07/18 17:46

Yeh mate as a team that would work out well. That it quite cheap as a team infact. I'm just wondering and you don't have to tell us if you don't wan't to but where does the money go anyway? And also I think that between 3rd of october - 5th of november is an absolute must not!

Post edited by: TIMBO, at: 2006/07/18 18:02

Post edited by: TIMBO, at: 2006/07/18 18:11

Umm, shovelnosed 'sharks' are actually rays, plus it seems wussy to weigh in something without teeth disguised as a shark;) So technically if rays are allowed, the 'shark' category should be opened to stingrays etc.. which opens a whole can of worms!

Yeah mate point noted. I might put Shovel Noses back in the 'Other Vermin section' And make sharks Sharks. So pretty much just Bullies. Although there is the outside chance of a tiger or bronzie from the near the mouth.

Archived