bribie island

novrain

hi guys,

Me, my gf and 4 other friends are renting a boat at bribie island this sunday.. one of those fishing boats that you don't need a license for...

will be targetting bream, flatties and possibly a jack if possible. and they'll bring along a crabpot or 2...

bait - pumping for some yabbies at who's knows where, getting some fish fillets and gar from the markets, raw prawns as well as some chicken frames for the pots..

also have some SP's that I'll be using...

Need some help on where i should go on bribie?.. haven't fished there before and these friends of mine aren't really fishos....they'll be keen to get a fish or 2 for dinner though..

your thoughs or suggestions?

thanks guys

Merv

Which boat hire? on the island or on the mainland. I've used both and both are good. I would also stick around the bridge and if you can drop some livies down around the pilons. If not, head the big sand bank in the middle of the passage. There are lots of flatties around there.

Thanks

Tim

Mate, under the bribie bridge 5th pillion from bribie island side its about 500m from the boat hire area it is a top spot for all sorts of fish.Just anchore up current from the bridge and let your bait drift under the bridge for best effect.....I have caught squire,bream,grinners,macks,trevs and cod all in that spot.Also if you have a cast net take it with you as there are tons of free bait(hardyheads) working around the bridge..hope this helps......

crap... u mean it'll be a squeeze for 6 of us..

im getting it from bribie island fishing hire or something... this dude called brendan...

he said it could sit 6 comfortably... i mean 2 girls will be in the shade most of the time.. the other 2 guys aren't really fishos.. just leaves me and a mate at the back to fish and steer i reckon...

5th pillion eh dazzam? cool, will try that spot out... else its timmy's big sand bank...

any mangroves around we could drop the pots in?

will update you you fellows..

Yeah mate the 5th pillion from bribie side....

Dude what sort of crabs ya after??

If its blue swimmers ya want plenty can be caught on the mainland, ocean side of the bridge theres a big sailing boat anchored just out from the shore(most of the time) try between it and the old wooden jetty or around that area...its a huge sea grass area the bluey's love it...

Also 1 last thing if the bridge isn't working try fishing opposite the bribie IGA store about 50m from shore theres a small reef that at times can go off also good for crabs...

dazzam - u know what, i don't care if they're mud or sand.. both taste just as good to me...

i'll keep your tips in mind..

dostyle - its at bribie island.. i haven't tried fishing there before but will let you the outcome..

its $75 for 5 hours...6 of us are going but i think it might be a bit of a squeeze...

fishy fishy fishy.. here i come!!!

Archived