Wednesday Dunwich yakking

Keen-as-fisho

So Wednesday is Aussy day :woohoo: and the weather at this stage is looking sweeeeeet, so I am thinking of hopefully heading across on the first barge to strady (530am) and hit those trevs and kingies and hopefully bump into a cod or two along the rocks walls. Walk on the barge with a yak is $30 return, so good value. Who's coming?

So Wednesday is Aussy day :woohoo: and the weather at this stage is looking sweeeeeet, so I am thinking of hopefully heading across on the first barge to strady (530am) and hit those trevs and kingies and hopefully bump into a cod or two along the rocks walls. Walk on the barge with a yak is $30 return, so good value. Who's coming?

Might see you there land based. Heading over tonight. Depends where is firing tonight :)

Good stuff Angus.

Ahmedy, Your yaks would have no dramas over there as where we fish is basically around where the ferries dock and accross to the sand bar directly in front, roughly 100m. It doesn't get too windy or rough and tomorrow it will be 5 knots ENE so it will be at a stand still and great for poppin for trevs and alike :woohoo: :woohoo:

awwww. i was hoping u guys would be going to wello. i dont think my yak can handle straddie conditions. or can it? i dunno. so we're restricted to wello tomorrow

I am not sure but I do not think the conditions would not be much different in terms of yaking between wello and Dunwich. It does depend on the Wind like anywhere but tomorrow is looking good. ESE about 10 knots. That means that it will be pretty sheltered on that side of Straddie. I have fished it in 15knot winds in my boat with a sw wind which was rough and not that enjoyable but stll doable.

awwww. i was hoping u guys would be going to wello. i dont think my yak can handle straddie conditions. or can it? i dunno. so we're restricted to wello tomorrow

I am not sure but I do not think the conditions would not be much different in terms of yaking between wello and Dunwich. It does depend on the Wind like anywhere but tomorrow is looking good. ESE about 10 knots. That means that it will be pretty sheltered on that side of Straddie. I have fished it in 15knot winds in my boat with a sw wind which was rough and not that enjoyable but stll doable.

Also I think straddie will be much better conditions given the wind direction

Archived