Moon Phases

obone

Hey, I know the amount of sharks being caught are dieing off now as it gets cold, but what times should i go sharking with regard to moon phases?

I have been going fishing a bit trying to catch 1 since bout feburary but to no avail as yet, so i think i am doing something wrong, and i know that moon phases affect the fish.

Cheers, Joel ;)

This is a good one Joel but I don't have the answer - I hope someone does but.

Can I expand the question to ask best moon phase for fishing? As you indicated you understand the seasonal fishing for sharks. But what is best moon phase no matter what the season, for general fishing.

And don't just say \"full moon\" - I know that much.

What's the difference with new moon, half moon, old moon, etc.

I think the tides go with the moon, so which moon has the best tides? Which is best for fishing?

I should know this by now but I don't remember. Brain must be full.

I think your right in the tides and the moon

but it depends on where your fishing and what you are targeting Sharks are predators and dont have a lot to fear how ever what they chase do :(

So my theory is if nite fishing on a bright moon fish deeper water no moon fish shallower on a full tide as the smaller fish will hunt under the cover of darkness bringing in the larger predators bright nites fish the deep where smaller prey can hide

just a theory :whistle:

Gaz

And another question, has anyone noticed a difference between fishing during day or night in the river, as you cant tell what's going on about a foot under the water, and i don't think that the temperature changes that much.???

obone we find the best time for bities is after dawn, say up to 10 am. We have done a lot of fishing before dark in the morning and mainly catch bities after the sun gets up a bit. The tide seems to be irrelevant in the morn, they always seem to bite well.

Results at dusk/night varies.

Archived