luderic

leo.a

hi my name is leo, just wondering if someone could give me some advice on catching luderic, a good website i can look at or something, and if you no of any good spots to catch them... thank you leo.. around tweedheads woulk be nice, i spend a lot of time there fishing

Mate i have only ever caught a couple of luderick. However i used to fish the tweed rock wall as a kid for bream and there were plenty of rick fishermen there.

The standard and age old rig is simply a pencil float, 40 odd cm trace, small hook and some sea cabbage. They also sometimes take peeled prawn and beach worms. Funnily enough i caught one on SP at Brunswick heads so they are deffinently Omnivores.

Other places i have seen a lot caught are Wello Point and the passages down around the pin. (Remember that johnny :) )

A lot of them turn up in the cast nets in the brissy river as well, but i have never seen one caught on weed there. Ando got one on plastic in the Brissy as well though.

Hopefully someone will be more help than these bits and peices.

Cheers.

Angus

leo try the rock wall on the south side of boyds bay bridge or around the pillons of the boat harbour wall at tweed.

sometimes they wont take cabbage weed and you need stringy weed(usually available at tweed bait)

if you are going to eat them fillet and skin them or they can have a weedy taste

We went down to the Tweed Bar on Saturday and this guy caught one on the rock wall on the Tweed River side of it just as we were watching. Also Cunjivoi (Dunno about spelling) is also supposed to be a great bait, but before you collect any, check the local regulations.

Archived