pine river 2/7/07

Troy_79

:angry: :angry: :angry::( :( This is how im feeling at the moment. Anyway i got up to the mouth of the river and walked up towards bald hills creek armed with my sp's and a bag of prawns.

Not much action for the first 40min just one 21cm whiting and a few diver whiting anyway i kept a couple of the small diver whiting to use as live bait. threw it out and withen minutes BANG i got absolutely slammed:woohoo:

After abit of a fight i was convinced it was a stingray because it was running up and down the bank and my excitement eased. Well how wrong i was i got it close and it was the biggest flathead i have ever seen:woohoo: it was atleast 80cm i reckon. Then i started to panic just wanted to get it in but i was only using 61b line and a 61b trace.

Anyway i made the biggest mistake possible when fighting flathead, i lifted its head out of the water it shook its head and it was gooooone!:( Oh well i guess thats fishing sometimes you win and sometimes the fish win;)

cheers, troy

Yeah im over it now:) I was just grumpy because it was my last day of holidays and a spent the first 3 days in bed sick then the next few were ordinary because of the wind.

it was a huge adrenaline rush i was always going to put it back, but it would have made a bloody good photo.

Anyway its good to see that there are fish in the river, its been pretty ordinary for me for the past few years.

Archived