92 members have voted

1. 1. Same-sex Marriage

• For
    • Against
    • Whatever

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is supposed to be a joke thread because the joke jumped into my head this arvo and I enjoyed it, so thought I'd share :lol:

On the real issue, I couldn't care less. I would happily accept a wedding invitation as long as I was forewarned at the ceremony when they were going to kiss so I could look away :unsure::lol:

Any showing of that public affection and petting, kissing stuff makes me wanna vomit...be it gay, hetero, or animal

This is supposed to be a joke thread because the joke jumped into my head this arvo and I enjoyed it, so thought I'd share :lol:

On the real issue, I couldn't care less. I would happily accept a wedding invitation as long as I was forewarned at the ceremony when they were going to kiss so I could look away :unsure::lol:

Any showing of that public affection and petting, kissing stuff makes me wanna vomit...be it gay, hetero, or animal

Lesbians make you crook?

Yeah not opposed to it on principle, I think they have every right to officially be together etc., but disagree on the basis that it isn't 'marriage' in the traditional sense, and should be labelled as something else (garried? :lol: ).

Then again, not a lot of marriages these days are

Gay and Lesbian people dont choose to be that way. I hate how some people can be so negative towards what has been happening for eternity. They are a minority. Thats it. Let them be. No one forces you too be gay

Thats it mate. ive got a cousin thats gay and from as young as i can remember he was always different.Your either born that way or your not!

Yeah not opposed to it on principle, I think they have every right to officially be together etc., but disagree on the basis that it isn't 'marriage' in the traditional sense, and should be labelled as something else (garried? :lol: ).

Totally agree Jords. Makes the institution a man a woman have a joke.

Call it something else. use a diff name. Then they have the same rights under law.

Just leave our institution alone

I couldn't give a stuff either, as it has no effect on me or anyone i know.

But to deprive people of a basic legal right seems wrong. I'll put it in the same historical categories as prohibiting inter-racial marriages, and disallowing the right to vote due to race.

You don't choose your race, and you don't choose your sexuality, so why deny people based on that criteria?

That's my 2 cents.

But to deprive people of a basic legal right seems wrong. I'll put it in the same historical categories as prohibiting inter-racial marriages, and disallowing the right to vote due to race.

You don't choose your race, and you don't choose your sexuality, so why deny people based on that criteria?

That's my 2 cents.

Agree with the basic legal right thing, everybody deserves the right to be legally recognised as somebody's partner/spouse etc.

What would Chopper say :lol:

This is Stephan... His name, is Stephan... Harden the .... up Stephan

That's my 2 cents.

What?!? You mean interacial marriage is legal? I'm off to book a flight to thailand.

Let pople do what they wan't to do. Most of the opposition to gay marriage seems to come from hardcore christian freaks.

Totally agree Jords. Makes the institution a man a woman have a joke.

Call it something else. use a diff name. Then they have the same rights under law.

Just leave our institution alone

Couldnt have said it better shortie, thanks

If a couple wish to make a commitment to each other they should have the right to do so.

As far as I am concerned a persons sexuality,religion,politics and race should have no bearing on the way that they are treated by society.

Cheers

Ray

Probably the best statement I have ever seen on the subject and one with which I wholeheartedly agree.

When my wife and I finally got married (after 10 years or so), we made it a point to have nothing in our vows related to religion and actually borrowed liberally from a pagan ritual. My mother (who is extremely religious) said she had never heard such honest and loving vows. I personally do not view marriage as part of my religion; to me, it is the commitment to and recognition of the person with whom you will spend the rest of your life.

It is odd though, nobody ever claims that married atheists are attacking the "institution of marriage" when they get married, but if two people of the same sex do so, it is the end of the world.

I just don't get it.... :dry:

If a couple wish to make a commitment to each other they should have the right to do so.

As far as I am concerned a persons sexuality,religion,politics and race should have no bearing on the way that they are treated by society.

Cheers

Ray

Probably the best statement I have ever seen on the subject and one with which I wholeheartedly agree.

When my wife and I finally got married (after 10 years or so), we made it a point to have nothing in our vows related to religion and actually borrowed liberally from a pagan ritual. My mother (who is extremely religious) said she had never heard such honest and loving vows. I personally do not view marriage as part of my religion; to me, it is the commitment to and recognition of the person with whom you will spend the rest of your life.

It is odd though, nobody ever claims that married atheists are attacking the "institution of marriage" when they get married, but if two people of the same sex do so, it is the end of the world.

I just don't get it.... :dry:

DOnt get it. Me either obviously your married as well.

Curious as to why people oppose it?

Doesn't phase me, what other people do is their business.

Yep same, I think if it's not hurting anyone in anyway then who cares?

To many people concern themselves in things that don't have anything to do with them.

My only concern is how much money our government thinks they can scrape out of this BS.

Cam

Archived