Obsession Fishing Presents - Jewel Reef 2012

Obsession_Fishing

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally raised enough money to get another Saltiga / Stella and a jigging rod and some poppers this week end... I was getting worried I'd only have the one outfit!

What line is gonna be in the "light line challenge"? I have 4lb on my certate at the moment, might upgrade to 8 or 10...

See ya's at the airport!

Are we getting individual itineraries prior via email so we can do on-line check in?

I'm not planning to bring a light rod for the evening festivities because I'm going to be bringing back enough fish for a feed (or several) :D

Online checkout won't get us all sitting together

Unless you figure 5 days with us is enough and want your own space on the flight.l

Are we getting individual itineraries prior via email so we can do on-line check in?

I'm not planning to bring a light rod for the evening festivities because I'm going to be bringing back enough fish for a feed (or several) :D

Online checkout won't get us all sitting together

Unless you figure 5 days with us is enough and want your own space on the flight.l

I am going to call tomorrow re group check ins...

But being a virgin flight I would not guarantee sitting together anyway. We have requested a bit of an early arrival for to erase getting so many checked in and over sized baggage (rod tubes) checked so should all be smooth.

Shortie: To be honest I have no idea RE emergency calls from them to us. I know we will be well out of phone reception for the duration of the trip. I would assume there must be some sort of satellite phone or long distance radio? But that is a punt. I'll see what I can find out.

Some emails were sent today and the organizers are still in the process of giving everyone a call as well.

Angus

Almost ready to pack, then it will be a couple of smokes before setting up the hoses, turning off the phone, settling in to some A-Pac replays whilst drifting off for a snooze. :whistle:

:P

shortie, make sure you have a shower in the morning or I will have to do it for you hahahaha

Plenty of time for sleeping on the aeroplane and down by the Lagoon in Cairns. Tonight is for packing and being excited :woohoo: :woohoo: :lol:

Ciggy lighters are topped with gas. I am ready. Just waiting for shortie and Steve to show up for a hose down. :lol:

Damien, You're gonna need hooks on those poppers :P

Are we there yet? How much longer? Where is the report boys or too buggered to put it up yet?

Andrew

Show us the fish :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Very dissapointing mate. My short report is up. Big seas and high winds made going anywhere with tbe mother ship tough. We actually nearly got stuck in lizzard due to high wind warnings.

Archived