A few firsts! NPD 13/07/07

Bullrout

Pfft. You didnt think i'd be mentioning bass here did you?

Went out to north pine from 1 - 5pm, forgans, bullyhead or whatever its called, my first time fishing at the dam...

My first Tillapia Caught on a HB. It measured 34 and fought bloody hard!

My first lure, caught on a lure!

My first freshwater pippi caught on a lure!

I've done a fair bit off bass fishing, and caught my fair share, but always in rivers (including all the refugee bass in 98 - that was a highlight of my life :) )

but Dam fishing has me stumped... at least on a river you know your casting into snags... I walked around a bit of the dam looking for any structure, in a dam its hard, so whats the tips and secrets guys? or can i tag along on a dam trip one day so i can see how its done!!!

Oh, and a word for would be NPD people.. sometimes, the mud that looks dry, actually is just concealing really deep wet mud... you step on it and fall straight though!

13072007005.jpg

13072007002.jpg

13072007003.jpg

It is amazing how many first timers to the dam fall into the mud trap. My missus did and now won't go back. Damn shame she was a gun garfisher and used to catch my Tailor bait:(

I find if u work the points of the dam u should get a lot of success although buy the sound of the reports they are all schooled up in big numbers in a select few spots, if u see Troy or Dino follow them they seem to be cleaning up;)

Hey Bull - sounds like you had fun. Did you get the spinner with the GVibe or the G vide with the spinner.

As to secerets - dams are weird. Sometimes it seams like you just cast out to nowhere and retrive. Then you hit a school and it's on for 10 mins, then you gotta move and do it all over again. Weird but fun.!

I was using the spinner... Thats a Magical G Vibe your all on about? *rubs hands together* excellent.. some new trebles and looks like ill be giving it a thrashing if i head back there tomoorow!!

By the way, how are those bibless lures fished? I've got a couple of other ones in my tackle box but never used them, never really known how?

Post edited by: Bullrout, at: 2007/07/13 18:41

Looving it babaabba.

As for the pipi, get used it they get a pain after a while!

With the lipless just pelt it out as far as you can, looking for a school or deep water, then let it hit the bottom, then I give it 1 medium wrist snap to get it about 50cm off the bottom and slow roll it back to your feet. Thats the easiest way, you can get fish other ways but learn them after you nail the easy way!

thanks

Archived