Wavebreak island Mackerel to Marlin Social 2

tugger

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
at this stage I'll be there again, might be able to get some firewood as well. Should be able to get friday off as well. Hopefuly I can get same spot nice and shady :cheer:

michael

You'd better get there early then! That spot was getting eyeballed pretty heavily after everybody saw how shaded it ended up. :silly: :lol:

There was reports of marlin inshore today on the goldie and off boat rock we got into plenty of mackies today on the gravel patch so it is looking good for less than 2 weeks away now

It all makes sense now. I counted about 12 big game boats yesterday trolling all around that boat rock and bit further out. Some of them came really close to us while we sat there anchored.

We had them tryna troll over the school of tuns we were working on. I didnt see them catch anything.

Shane

i will 100% be their, but not in the mullet. jon my machinic is haveing trouble saucing a skeg/leg, so i will be in my mates 6.25 cruise craft. cant wait finally get out after so long watching everyone else hit the water. i wont be doing much anchoring as i get sick, so i will have 3 eother skirts or divers out and 1 slug shot gun. fingers crossed fish and nature pakys nice, other wise their is the following weekend maybe.

I am going to pull out as I have been away with work all this week and will be away all next week so will need to do some family time. But as we have a boys weekend booked it will be the weekend after and will heat to wave break or am tossing the idear of hervey bay with a camp up on the inside of Frazer

Could we throw out there deckie spots here if there's any room in boats coming on the weekend in 8 days time

Be in my mates formosa 520 centre console, he is looking for a deckie for sunday morning, just the three of us,most probably trolling lures as bait might all go saturday.

If interested can you please be mindfull that the fuel and bait will be split 3 ways and to offer the skipper as we get back to camp or the ramp.This is the rule for any deckie on any boat, boats are exspensive to buy and run and a couple of my previous deckies seem to think im a registered charity. My mate Matt Conradi is a afo member but not for long, so i don't want to be embarased when we get to the camp..

All that said, looking forward to a great weekend meeting new faces and ripping the p**s out of old faces.

Cheers

Bri.

I'm pretty new to the offshore style of fishing, recently sold the old boat and got a 5.1m Allycraft. I've got all the gear for big fish from a trip I did off Weipa last year, just have no idea were to use it here....Any chance a new comer to reef fishing can tag along? I'd be looking to come for a day only so I can be home at night with the family.

Guys I'd love to tag along but won't be able to make it until Friday evening due work. Any dramas with that?

The boat should be ship shape ready to go as long as it's all fixed up but no way to tow it DOH! Car getting fixed. What outfits should I try and get hold of for the fishing, food and drinks etc?

I am really looking forward to this trip, gosh I hope the weather is good!

Guys I'd love to tag along but won't be able to make it until Friday evening due work. Any dramas with that?

The boat should be ship shape ready to go as long as it's all fixed up but no way to tow it DOH! Car getting fixed. What outfits should I try and get hold of for the fishing, food and drinks etc?

I am really looking forward to this trip, gosh I hope the weather is good!

No problem with friday arvo, people turn up at all hours, we will be on the north western corner of the island you will see all the boats side by side on the beach.We will mainly be chasing mackerel and tuna by the the way of trolling lures,floating livies and pillies.The odd boat may go wider chasing marlin but this will be weather dependent, most boats are 18 foot and smaller.

Also tent,food and drinks and a big esky.

See you there.

If ive missed something just ask.

Cheers

Bri

Archived