Boats, bearings, bbq, and beers - 1st April

bootyinblue

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Folks... calling for a show of hands over the next day or so, so I can organise some bangers and onions.

Will put on an esky of softies, but feel free to bury something stronger into the ice if you want to bring some along.

Easiest way to count the numbers is if you can PM me please.

Good size area of grass to work on (Kreel if you are showing up, no high heels please as its marks the lawn)

post-1481-144598772571_thumb.jpg

Tina - Dont worry I left some grass for you to mow too. (As long as the electrics in the mower dry out by then)

post-1481-144598772582_thumb.jpg

Awesome idea Booty and I look forward to seeing that aread filled with boats.

I was fully intending to drag the tinny there as there are 100 questions I would like to ask experienced people.

Johnny and I have found this is the only weekend for the next many we can get together for a solid two days to nut out a plethora of AFO stuff so thats what we will be doing. If we get more than epxected done and dusted Saturday we could still try but I doubt it sorry with the present list looking more like 5 days work not 1 :)

Looking forward to the report :)

Angus

Awesome idea Booty and I look forward to seeing that aread filled with boats.

I was fully intending to drag the tinny there as there are 100 questions I would like to ask experienced people.

Johnny and I have found this is the only weekend for the next many we can get together for a solid two days to nut out a plethora of AFO stuff so thats what we will be doing. If we get more than epxected done and dusted Saturday we could still try but I doubt it sorry with the present list looking more like 5 days work not 1 :)

Looking forward to the report :)

Angus

I could give you a hand if you like :woohoo: :kiss: :woohoo: :kiss:

wholly jeezus greg. I just googled plainland.... man that's a beast of a drive to get there.

Less than an hour from brisbane CBD.

the gold coast is also less than an hour from brisbane... :D

Point taken.

Sorry if i seemed rude or anything. I just have the same mentality, as the plainland hotel is one of my customers and i regularly have to go out there, and dread it, then once i get there, realise its not so far :dry:

wholly jeezus greg. I just googled plainland.... man that's a beast of a drive to get there.

Point taken.

Sorry if i seemed rude or anything. I just have the same mentality, as the plainland hotel is one of my customers and i regularly have to go out there, and dread it, then once i get there, realise its not so far :dry:

Not at all bud.

I never drive out there... so its pretty far :D

Point taken.

Not at all bud.

I never drive out there... so its pretty far :D

what u talkin about Willis .

its just down the road ..........................from the switch .

It's probably a large latte and 2 croissant drive for you Brisbane folk. I can go from my place to indro in under am hour.

Shortie - I have put you down for half dozen :)

Don't worry about dropping stuff in the grass, as the mower will find them easily enough ;)

I now wont be taking the boat out to do the bearings. Ive just have the canopy man call wants me to drop the boat of Friday.

However i will still be out there to offer my assistance.

Will bring Trolly jack and stands.

Have plenty of grease given to me from Kurt.

It was a great day

I noticed heaps of people put there hand up to come but very few showed up

I thought everyone wanted more socials

Hopefully people will keep to their word and show up to the other organized socials

Anyway after replacing booties bearing and having some problems

Removing the old bearing races the bbq and beers and shenanigans were great

Yep, all done and dusted for the day.

Thanks to Shortie for the ribs for lunch, passionfruit slice, playing the overseers role and general banter.

Thanks to Bommie for dropping on through, dropping a few things off and leaving richer than when he arrived. Got to be happy with that.

Thanks to Tina for wanting to go for a spin on the lawn tractor. Said you may as well engage the blades then, and she cut a good hunk of the property.

And thanks to Eug who performed an outstanding role as site safety officer by immediately shaking his head on arrival and producing 4 stands for the jacked up trailer. He then proceeded to try and install 1 hub without putting in the outside race. But redeemed himself by pulling the other side apart again to install the washer I thought was just surplus packing.

And for the record Eug did the drivers side hub ;)

bootyinblue host

guests

shortie

Manni79

Eug

Davo_Dinkum

tomca

Do$tylz

Bommie

there was a little interest not a lot .

sick kids ,moving house ,packing to go camping and so on most of us cancelled .

shame would of been good to catch up and be social but as someone used to say the usual suspects turn up .hehe

Archived