Boats, bearings, bbq, and beers - 1st April

bootyinblue

Well the idea has been kicked around for a while now (like over 4 years) so I am putting on a beers and bbq day at my place where people can bring their boat around to do wheel bearings or whatever else needs doing on it. I am sure there will be someone who knows how to do whatever you need to do so here is your chance to learn or just lean and chat.

I have got plenty of grassed room where you can work, if its raining there is a 3 bay shed that you can back the boat in to work on.

I will put on some snags and bread for the hungry ones and an esky of ice to keep your drinks cold.

I am out just near Plainland so you might combine it with an early morning fish at a dam out that way.

And no, its not an April fools day joke like sone I texted about it yesterday thought it was and replied.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if I'm free on that day .

i can guide and advise .

i'm into beer ,leaning (i leaned on a stop bat for a while ,before i became a babysitter for the incompetent )and bbq i like .

have 16 and a bit years in the automotive industry over various fields so not a expert ,but a broad range of knowledge in many fields(jack of all and no trades :) )

i have heard the GREASE WHEEL BEARING PACKER...TOOL are a good and easy ,less waste.

i have never used one,do it the old way and end up with grease on my hands.

Sounds like a great idea Booty.

That is my anniversary though, so unless my wife gets me a boat as a gift, I'll have to give this one a miss :lol:

Haha - that's my anniversary too!!! Was keen for this til I realised we'll be on holidays down the Coast. Great idea though Booty - hopefully next time.

I'll pop round for a yarn and a beer :) anyone have any ideas on boat electrics? My recirculating pump died.

Dazza - 40 an hour??? Unless it takes over an hour to do bearings you're giving a discount over the carton. That's very nice of you :)

Edit -just realised it was booty offering the carton.

ok, we have slim line bearing which is ford. generally used on breaked trailers, but differant manufactures and dealers do it differanty.

post-8878-144598765626_thumb.jpg

post-8878-144598765637_thumb.jpg

ok slimline inner = 35mm round figure

outer = 22mm round figure

ok, standard holdenbearings are usually used on lazy none breaked trailer

post-8878-144598765643_thumb.jpg

post-8878-144598765649_thumb.jpg

std inner = 32mm

std outer = 20mm

if you are unsure, take the bearing out a measure it

now if their are any further question, fire away

• 2 weeks later...
Reminds me I need to check and see if I even bough the right bearings for my trailer, as I would hate to see Eug trying to squeeze something in where it aint suppose to go.

Don't worry I'll be gentle and use plenty of grease.

^^^ hahahaha. dry and bareback is what I hear Booty is usually into.

Hey shorty... can I have some grease to pack into my prop?? I went to replace mine the other day and didn't realise you pack the hell outta it with grease. It's not much... and I couldn't justify buying a whole tub of the stuff... and I'm too lazy as well.

Archived