Brian D

great morning everyone, had a ball with several 1sts for me, first on a tassie,on a slug, on a spoon,time and fish at north pine:woohoo:

what a great little dam, should be one like it in every suburb:silly:

thanks for the ride lozz,it was great to go somewhere without having to drive.

Haha that big dead Tilly fought awesome :P . It's not often a Bass literally bricks you on a Tilapia. Can I claim only person to catch 2 fish ont he one lure for today :P . Nice to meet you fellas. I'm sorry if I can't remeber which are which next time I see you, had a big night :whistle: . Somehow I still managed to get 5 or 6 Bass, only after missing and dropping the first 73.

Troy

Dinodadog wrote:

Brian wrote over a 100 bass were caught who was the big scorers for the day. Sounds like every body enjoyed them self.

Dino

mate i ended up on 11 dame stu got me by two:angry: was a great morning fishing lucky you werent there mate you would have put us too shame:P

Kev: It was Platil Millenium braid in 15lb. It's more like PE then most other spectra braids. But it is much more forgiving when it comes to line strength as PE can be annoying and break anywhere from the reel to the leader knot if it exceeds it's maximum breaking strain.

The rod was a Shimano Exage 1652-2. It's a 6-14lb rod but it feels much lighter then what it's rated to as it has a fast action and light taper. They are a couple of years old now and were a Jap Domestic Model. They were the rod to have when they first came out and it still performs well.

All I can say is you'll be happy with the Alphas. I gave mine the once over clean a couple of days before that day so it's super smooth and almost back to its new self. Those bloody birds nests were a lot more solid then usual, I think I'll stick to spin tackle after a big night before hand.

I may be heading out Saturday, but not 100% sure.

Troy

thank you so much.

now i think i would be trying to order that rod if i can.

did u change the BB of the alphas or is it just a stock model. i was really amazed at the casting distance u achieve with it. and what about other rods if i cannot get that one?

i want ultimate casting performance for lures between 8-15 or even to 20grms with affordable price tag:laugh: maybe it;s a bit hard to find,ha ha

if u go there on saturday, let me know and i will try to go and learn the pro casting from u

Yeah Kevin I'll send you a PM if I'm going. The only secret into casting far is buying a rod with a long butt so you can use two hands when casting and you get maximum leverage. Also put the effort in and load up your rod on the cast so the lures shoot out.

It's a 6'6\" rod so a 7' with the same length butt would go even further. I don't know if you noticed but the rod Jordan was using is one of my spinning outfits which also has a long butt for the same reason. Many people prefer shorter butts and single hand casting, it's just personal preferance.

When the Exage first came out it was worth somewhere between $200 and $300, not 100% sure but if you do acctualy end up finding it, it should be a lot cheaper then that.

I didn't change the BB in the Alphas, just gave them a good oil and grease up when I cleaned it.

Other good rods to look at are the G. Loomis Crankbait series, especially the cbr841 and cbr843. Long butt and 7' long. They are around $400-$450.

Tom you got nothing on me :P . NPD Saturday, be there :P .

Troy

Yeah, I didn't think it would be easy :P .

I think you've already seen it but the Heartland Z Ando is selling is a great rod. It's extendable just above the butt from 6-7ft, it's not 2 piece or telescopic rod. You won't need it to be 2 piece when it shortens to 6ft. I have had a few casts with them and they are awesome rods.

Troy

• 3 months later...

Archived