Moses at it again

BassTracker

Him and his mates are pretty silly, it was obvious what people were there for last night at one of the most used boat ramps in Brisbane, so many boats come through there and they are there every night for the turn of tide, the fisheries were super professional and the more we make them aware the more they can do. If the problems are reported regularly we can get on top of it. Would be great to see them get more funding!

I would be careful if any of you guys are considering following him home and posting the address on here, im not up with all the laws but im pretty sure you could find yourself in a bit of trouble from the po po if he gets wind of it.

Im all for seeing this bell end get paid a lesson, but dont go taking it in to your own hands, be smart about it ring fisheries or port security like these guys did.

Every dog has his day, if he keeps doing it and people keep calling fisheries, when they know he has fish, the fines will pile up but then again with how obnoxious the little bugger is i dont think he cares much, it really concerned me that there seemed to be a real organised little bunch down there that were waiting till eyes were off them, they were certainly no where to be found once fisheries rocked up, people were leaveing before fisheries got there, so im guessing someone on the site let them know. nest time i wont post until after.

Isn't there a cop shop like right across from where he fishes? How can he get away with being there even for 5 minutes when the port is supposedly a secure area and it's illegal to even be where he is, let alone breaking fishery laws.

Good on Bass tracker and kurt for taking some action and hopefully at least making him feel uncomfortable about being there.

I just shake my head at this dude's stupidity and brazen defiance of the law and disregard for our fish stocks.

Hey, I hope the little buggers get done and done again and eventually get jailed, but at the same time, be carefull when your getting noticed, because you never know what these guys are like, it only takes one call and you and the fisheries are outnumbered, Remember that some of us here have guns and know how to use them, and we know not to take them fishing, but the stupid guys like moses, don't know what not to take, so you never know what they could have.

But over all, good work boys, people like you make it worth being part of this club.

hey guys... please keep this as PC as possible and away from violations of privacy etc. I'm in 2 minds about locking this thread and have let Angus know to have a look when he gets a chance.

ps - well done on the work notifying and working with fisheries.

Isn't there a cop shop like right across from where he fishes? How can he get away with being there even for 5 minutes when the port is supposedly a secure area and it's illegal to even be where he is, let alone breaking fishery laws.

Good on Bass tracker and kurt for taking some action and hopefully at least making him feel uncomfortable about being there.

I just shake my head at this dude's stupidity and brazen defiance of the law and disregard for our fish stocks.

Port security does sh1t all about people fishing there. I fish there by dropping anchor under the bridge and drifting back. Moses & co (and some other well known members of this site) rock up and start lining the bank and start casting right over our lines. Worse still, they have the cheek to give you attitude when they snag up on the anchor rope.

Of all the times i've fished there i've only ever see port security come over once. Needless to say, the mice came out to play again once port security took off.

Probably also worth mentioning that i rang port security hotline once to complain, but i was told that it is ok for them to fish there?

Yeah I think once people start talking about guns and craziness lock the thread, seriously my only intention and kurts was to call fisheries, and let people know about whats going on down there so they can be aware of it and report it.

Thanks for the heads up that people like this can be dangerous like any cornered animal but I'll just continue to call fisheries when I see that stuff, I doubt moses has resorted to carrying a gun so he can take illegal jew from a well known and highly survielenced area, but who knows...

Yeah I think once people start talking about guns and craziness lock the thread, seriously my only intention and kurts was to call fisheries, and let people know about whats going on down there so they can be aware of it and report it.

Thanks for the heads up that people like this can be dangerous like any cornered animal but I'll just continue to call fisheries when I see that stuff, I doubt moses has resorted to carrying a gun so he can take illegal jew from a well known and highly survielenced area, but who knows...

I think I might have been misunderstood.

I never meant this to be people taking guns or anything like that, that's just crazy talk, but at the same time, don't assume that someone like mosses would not take something, I never thought that someone would get shot at a shopping center and it happened near my home, What I was meaning that he is a stupid kid and his group are organized and are stupid enough to do what they are doing, even after being court and after been seen, a group like this is a group I would not be assuming anything.

Guys thread locked. Oo actually unlocked, but lets be mindful of what is said and posted here.

Sorry. We endorse the notions of reporting illegal fishing.

But this is getting to a vigilante point.

This guy is a douche and probably deserves what he gets, but within a legal framework.

Personally I am more concerned with the venues he sells to rather than the fisherman (although its good to bust both).

Its kind of the old who would the cops prefer to bust scenario... The skanky dealer on the corner... Or the plantation owners :P

Angus

Hopefully these guys will get caught sooner rather than later, and get more than a slap on the wrist so that they stop doing this. Currently they are probably making good $$$ out of this and having fun doing it in the process; I'm thinking if they don't get caught and penalised sufficiently to stop them wanting to do these illegal activities again, they are just going to step up their operations. I'm talking getting their hands on gill nets and if they pick the tide right they will get just about every jewie in that place in one shot.

Another blow to my faith in human nature; I went out of my way after I befriended this guy to let him know that what he did is forgiven and forgotten, you learnt your lesson just move on from here blah blah blah, and he just bullsh###d me.

Very cold of me, but if these guys continue flaunting the law like this, I hope they end up in a jail cell with some hardened crims.

I'd say just leave him to the authorities, sooner or later he'll get busted AGAIN, bit of a pity he didn't learn his lesson the first time. Guess you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

All we have to do is sit back and wait ( and call fisheries whenever we see him).

Just a couple of questions.

Is he taking undersized fish?

Is he selling fish.

Or is he just trespassing?

From what i have heard there are plenty of people fishing in the same and similar areas such as Bretts wharf and ferry terminals and within the exclusion zones adjacent to the wharves in the port.

I am not condoning his past conduct but I also do not condone some of the actions that have been proposed.

Cheers

Ray

Is he selling fish.

From what i have heard there are plenty of people fishing in the same and similar areas such as Bretts wharf and ferry terminals and within the exclusion zones adjacent to the wharves in the port.

I am not condoning his past conduct but I also do not condone some of the actions that have been proposed.

Cheers

Ray

Just Internet bravado ray

Nothing will happen

It never does

I think people get angry at someone like Moses because it seems people knew and trusted him but the truth is fisheries are dealing with this stuff all over Brisbane and in the dams, best thing is to make them more aware, the guys were champs last night. We had every opportunity to wait in the car park or sabotage his car but then what. He has a laugh when we get done. Personally I'm not that emotionally invested in Moses activities. I am however passionate about keeping this amazing fishery we have thriving. If each of us make the call when it's needed we'll get results.

And ray there was a very deffinate little opporation going on down there last night with about 5 blokes hiding around waiting for us to leave. 5 minutes after we posted here they all started leaving in a hurry without even having a cast.

On a funny note I did get to have a conversation with an angler from a forum "AA" that went on about the evils of afo being full of newbies who don't know anything about "real" fishing, I said tell me more.. He did. I said at least it's not full of those guys who pretend that fishing is about the gear you own and talking about it and more about fishing. His mate laughed obviously catching the joke about his mate. I then told him I'd been a member for about 5 years and found it to be the most inclusive fishing community I'd ever seen. They asked my user name. Then said where did u get that meter and a half thready. I asked how he knew if he wasn't trawling through "newbies" posts and suggested swallowing his pride and asking for a deckie spot haha

Haha these guys weren't part of the Moses crew just some young blokes who were obviously more interested in the finer points of fishing, such as learning the names of every lure available and the gear ratios of titanium based NASA designed fishing reels designed to work in space. I wish I was that smart but I don't have time to read every bit of fishing info out there or able to afford the space age tech that allows me to have a micro gram of start up drag on my bream reel, I'm usualy to busy planning the next trip..

It's an innocent dig ray and it was taken that way by those boys too. :-)

No threat of war!

This is just one group of blokes fisheries has to try and deal with and I would feel pretty certain there would be lots more up and down the coast. What hope have they got with the bread crumb resources they are given and expected to cover the entire Queensland coast.

Maybe when people ring the hotline to report someone keeping an undersize bream and they say they have no one to send out, don't get angry. Just hope they are off huntung down something a lot bigger like moses and his mates or some guy with a flathead fillet fetish. :P

Is he selling fish.

Cheers

Ray

Yes and yes to your first two questions.

Also there seems to be a few with way more redclaw traps out then just the legal 4 per person

Archived