Are we over Booty?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Are we over Booty?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't give a rat's
    • I like Trolling

where is the i don't give a .... vote .

when i am over reading or can't be bother,i just read the posters i want to or just go to the last page.if it get too much i just stop reading the thread .

well its not that i don't give a .... ,i just have enough .... to be worked up about .

Asylum seeker boats..... Support or send back?.....well i just don't know enough about it.

Capital punishment - An eye for an eye?..........not touching that with a 10 ft pole.

Cigarette prices......just trying to behave and leave it alone,yes i know a bit about this one.

Basics Card........just trying to behave and leave it alone,i know heaps about this one and have a strong opinion.if they don't do the right thing put them on the card,simple as .

What a cracker.... I want to vote now, but going to hold out till after dinner to see what the audience have decided.

No one is forcing you to read them, no one is forcing you to respond to them.

I would be the first to report it and knock it on the head if they get too way out, but there have been some very interesting points of view made thus far.

I think that he is trying to get a red circle with a slash through it on his AFO sticker on his boat.

He already has one from another forum. :blush:

Recidivism is the act of a person repeating an undesirable behavior after they have either experienced negative consequences of that behavior.

Cheers

Ray

Quite the opposite Ray.

I am just throwing out some ideas so people can discuss them in an open forum, learn from others, appreciate others viewpoints and enjoy a bit of banter.

I and other have noticed it has been a little quiet on the forum front and as the weather has not been real flash to fish in then why not diverse the topics a little.

'I may not agree with what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it'

Maybe not as many of them in one hit. There have been a lot of big topics posted in a very short amount of time. Just me but I would prefer one weekly or fortnightly. Gives the topic time for a good discussion and rebuttal while keeping it still a fishing forum. When talking to others they have commented they don't like certain other forums because there is not enough fishing chat.

Sadly afo seems to be going down the same old path as other fishing forums mainly due to comments/topics from a few 'protected species' members. You included booty. It isn't just the last few days either, has been happening in different threads for a while now.

Could you just imagine if sari had posted up all the threads that you have in the last few days. You and your mates would be the first to jump in and shoot him down and do your best to humiliate him in front of the AFO community.

Posts/threads such as these give a bad impression to new members that wish to join this great community, and it is a shame that a few people seem to be ruining what is a great FISHING forum.

One thing I'll point out is that to actually have met someone in person and get to know them makes a whole lot of difference, then you can decide whether or not to take their forum posts with a grain of salt.

On the flip side you have those that no one has never met and continually rubs people up the wrong way by not following etiquette or just asking common questions that can be solved using google or search function. They start off as innocent questions which are often answered appropriately, but they persist and then you begin to wonder if they are simply taking the piss or being serious.

keep them comming booty, there are times when the weather is upta or the fishing is slow that the firestarters and trolls are all that make the forum interesting.

just some of the people on here need to stop taking themselves so seriously and grow a sense of humor or learn it is allright for different people to have different oppinions instead of comming across all cyberspace passive agressive.

Sadly afo seems to be going down the same old path as other fishing forums mainly due to comments/topics from a few 'protected species' members. You included booty. It isn't just the last few days either, has been happening in different threads for a while now.

Could you just imagine if sari had posted up all the threads that you have in the last few days. You and your mates would be the first to jump in and shoot him down and do your best to humiliate him in front of the AFO community.

Posts/threads such as these give a bad impression to new members that wish to join this great community, and it is a shame that a few people seem to be ruining what is a great FISHING forum.

Have you got a list of the protected species Zano ? Because I'm not aware of one.

What exactly do you mean by protected species ?

When someone breaks the rules and I see it I deal with it no matter who it is. I don't read every thread so can't guarantee it 100% of course.

I agree with the sari comment and have indeed spoken to the guys involved with that. I don't think that the topics would have been as interesting from sari however. Nothing wrong with the topics Booty has chosen to post imo. Have quite enjoyed them tbh.

It is a fishing site with many different forums. If you venture into General Chat forum you will find (and I quote) "topics that are about non-fishing things." That is how it has always been. It is one of the most popular forums.

The more members AFO has, the wider the spread of opinions we will all have to accept and tolerate, even though they are different to our own. So be it.

Ellicat.... obviously I am on the list and to be included, it would suggest I have company there. Over to you Zano?

By the score count, and not being sure what trolling so will include it in the no's its 21 votes against to 25 votes for more or couldn't care. Hardly an avalanche result either way.

There could be some more topics at some stage as it is interesting to listen to others viewpoints on things and add your own. Listening is a great attribute to have and develop.

And for anyone who thinks I am this intense all the time or decisive, come say g'day at the next event I get too and you might be surprised.

Please remember everyone this was initially meant as just a bit of a subtle dig at booty, a joke. This thread was put up purely because when I logged on the first "latest posts" thread that came up was his Capitol Punishment one so I thought hey let's have a dig :lol: For those that say if you don't like it then don't read it, well I read up until I think it is going round in circles and then I don't bother. I reckon going on the votes in this little poll it is fair to say keep the interesting topics coming but just slow it down to one a week perhaps :lol: . Also I could not agree more with Eug, meeting someone in person drastically changes the way you look at their posts, I mean just look at Kreel, you'd think he was a good bloke going on his posts but it turns out otherwise :P

Oh and Greg, trolling was put in purely so Tomca would have an option :whistle:

Australia is a democracy. AFO has it's own rules to follow ;)

AFO runs less smoothly than Australia. Therefore your doing a worse job than Julia. Time to quit.

Move over and give Haines a go at the top Job.

So bad infact I think he should change his profile to bob ellicat brown.....

Archived