AFO Wavebreak Island Social Oct 5th/6th/7th

tugger

I'm in for the whole weekend at the moment. Missus has a uni exam on monday so the leave pass is sorted.

Putting the fermenter on tomorrow for one keg and will hopefully get the second one going next weekend. Now I just need to get the CO2 bottle tested and will have two kegs ready for everyone

Havnt had the pleasure of meeting you yet but with posts like this you could easily be my next best mate! :P

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I will be targeting snapper early out wide then going to try that cobia spot inshore on the turn of the tides again i hope we get some good weather again and we'll see if we can upgrade that cobes Ted got last time, i might need a bigger esky though :woohoo:

If we line the boats up like last time, surely one will hook up.

I'm in for the whole weekend at the moment. Missus has a uni exam on monday so the leave pass is sorted.

Putting the fermenter on tomorrow for one keg and will hopefully get the second one going next weekend. Now I just need to get the CO2 bottle tested and will have two kegs ready for everyone

Havnt had the pleasure of meeting you yet but with posts like this you could easily be my next best mate! :P

This time I will sit the keg near the fire so people ask for one lol. Will have a keg of Blonde but not sure onthe other yet. Some type of ale I think.

A few cobia come off that little reef between our boats last time and this time of year they should be chewing i love it because its 2 minutes from the seaway even small boats have no worrys

I will be targeting snapper early out wide then going to try that cobia spot inshore on the turn of the tides again i hope we get some good weather again and we'll see if we can upgrade that cobes Ted got last time, i might need a bigger esky though :woohoo:

If we line the boats up like last time, surely one will hook up.

think the old man will be back in time for this one ,we should be there. mum ,dad ,clint and myself.

Scotty and a few of his mates are keen too ,work made us miss the recent Blakeley's trip:(.they had to head down south ,old man is out west and i have to work out west.

now there is a new depo in toowoomba that will cover the trips i have been doing so work should not get in the way of this now .

since teds boys are coming along think i will bring the family along ,they are biting at the bit for a beach camping trip .

I heard that there is to be a Tri-Nation CHILLI-OFF at Wavebreak between Gary_C (of the North American persuasion), MoParKevUk (of the Pom persuasion) and Mick McGyver Fillet (of the God's own country persuasion). Is this true or is it just so much hot air some idiot is spitting out?

All we need now is a Kiwi to join in and it will be a true international event ...

... The Kiwi can serve the beers!

I heard that there is to be a Tri-Nation CHILLI-OFF at Wavebreak between Gary_C (of the North American persuasion), MoParKevUk (of the Pom persuasion) and Mick McGyver Fillet (of the God's own country persuasion). Is this true or is it just so much hot air some idiot is spitting out?

I'm in for it as long as it is on Saturday. I won't be able to make it until after I'm done with coaching on Saturday.

I have a few in the fermenters that have been there way to long. I will see if any are good and might taek over a couple of kegs of the dark stuff

I have a few in the fermenters that have been there way to long. I will see if any are good and might taek over a couple of kegs of the dark stuff

Looks like the porter is still good - the dark ale is a little fruity so it is destined for the vege patch.

Hey Demarc - if you are looking for a secure spot for the car and trailer the Runaway Bay Boat Club is a good choice. Only 5 mins from the island. They charge $20 a night for your Car and trailer. It is also a great ramp and facilities.

Hey mate do you mean runaway bay marina. Google isn't popping up much except for a runaway bay yacht club

Looks like the porter is still good - the dark ale is a little fruity so it is destined for the vege patch.

I was wondering about a porter. Might look at doing some sort of euro ale instead

I was wondering about a porter. Might look at doing some sort of euro ale instead

Mate! A porter would be awesome, or can you make something like Duvel, with the kick!?

Your smoked ale was interesting, like a chilled liquid ham! B)

Mate! A porter would be awesome, or can you make something like Duvel, with the kick!?

Your smoked ale was interesting, like a chilled liquid ham! B)

Funny you say that Kev. I do have a Duvel that I have been leaving to mature. I did not use the totally correct Hops in this one so I will check it and see if it has matured enough. It was very green before the first Blakesley weekend. The problem with the Duvel is that if people get into it on Friday night there may not be a lot of offshore fishing the next day. 8.5%

it is the new queens long week end

so this year we get 2

next year and there on after it is moved from earlier in the year to

Monday, October 1, 2012 (Queensland)

well this is what the pay roll lady at work said cause i put leave form in and she rang me and said that so

mm i dont know.... :unsure:

Bloody stupid decision to have the public holiday then. Don't mind this year as it's a bonus one. But next year it's robbing families (and TEACHERS ...........) of a genuine long weekend. It is and will be on the middle weekend of the Sep holidays so families taking time off with the kids are missing out on a 3 day long weekend. Not happy Jan!!!!!!!!

It wont take the extra hours off their holiday time though so its not as if you lose any money due to that, My beef would be that the public holiday is when all those families are more likely to be holidaying if i want to do a weekender to one of the islands or camp somewhere its more likely to be packed already.

I can almost guarantee the weekend before will be the good weather :whistle:

Its to line up with other states because we are the only ones on the east coast that dont have the october long weekend. I dont have kids so it doesnt affect me :cheer: I like it being moved as it spreads my long weekends out more instead of having a heap at the start of the year and none at the end except chrissy and means i can do things with my family back home in NSW that weekend.

edit: Just realised that vic doesnt have an October one. :blush:

im one to be in this haha. i have chili recipes out of this world that use both habanero and naga peppers (also known as the ghost pepper) i am the only one out of my friends yet to finish a full bowl of the naga pepper. so if anyones keen to try some hot chilli ill make up the to recipes

Mate! I love the sound of that! I've had to tone down my recipe over the years because Peyton loves chilli, but can't handle the level of heat I prefer. Even then, I still have to serve it with a big dollop of sour cream for anybody else.

However, I'm thinking Wavebreak may not be the best location for a chilli cook off considering there are no toilets and sometimes people forget to pack toilet tissue and go home with 1 armed sweatshirts :blush:

I'm thinking a chilli, curry, Mick's fiery mud crab, etc. social is in order!

Only top people show up from my experience Brad thats what makes these socials great everyone gets along, we make new members welcome and plenty of storys and fishing tips get traded its what i love about the weekends the fishing is just a bonus if we get out

Im yet to meet any fun police at these events.. at least no ones tried to show me a badge

Going to be a great weekend. Hoping to see some nice cobes and mackerel.

I had to take the CO2 bottle into get tested yesterday and it has failed due to internal rust. If anyone knows of one going cheap please let me know. I will need to gas up probably on 29th September so any help would be great. Cheers.

The blonde is looking and smelling great at the moment. Might have to have a go at it before the social......

post-9503-144598853349_thumb.jpg

Archived