Results For The ReelTackle Promotion-Round 6

aussie123

Well another round has been done and dusted and we have 3 lucky winners.

Bad luck Ben,you totally missed out this draw.

The video of the draw is at the following link.

Video Of Draw Here

This draw was witnessed by forum member Brendan and drawn by a lady down the road who was not affiliated with AFO or the promotion itself.

Now for the winners.

1st prize winner for the Nordic Stage Sharpshooter is Crazywalrus.

Congratulations Ted on winning an awesome new rod.

2nd prize goes to Keen As Fisho.

Congratulations Denis on winning 5 packets of the new Fish Arrow Flash J 2 inch plastics.

I will send them with your sea anchor,lol (tomorrow)

3rd prize goes to Sunnydays.

Well done Justin.

You now have 5 new packets of Evolution jigheads to add to your collection.

Thank you everyone who entered this promo and helped support AFO a little.

Every cent raised goes a long way for Angus and Johnny to help give us all a wonderful forum to runamuck on and for us members to get to meet some great friends and fishing buddies,lol

Thanks guys

Lance

Congrats guys. Can we start taking a book on how long Ted's new rod will last? Good luck Ted - hope you catch some ripper fish on it. I was driving to work this morning and realised that if I won it I'd be putting my new Sienna on it as I'm a tight ass and wouldn't be forking out for a more expensive reel!!!!

Ah bugger.

I guess I used all my luck up at Winter Camp with that awesome P21 and Damiki haul!!!

I think these raffles as a great idea as although being charitable, offer something directly in return as opposed to an outright donation. To those people that asked recently how they can donate... Just buy a ticket in the next raffle (and maybe be rewarded for your commitment)!

Thanks again Lance and Reel Tackle for doing these.

Pretty stocked to see Ted won the Sharpshooter as I am sure he will put it to good use!!!

Angus

hmmm that is tough Kelvin - I have been really good lately as long as I keep them away from the boys. This year has been good.

Thanks Lance I am stoked to win. Will be putting this rod to good use. I will probably use it on the weekend for some skinny water fishing.

Hey everybody get on board the promotions, a great way to give back to the site with the added chance of winning an awesome prize.

Thanks for the kind words guys.

For all the people who are offering to help out AFO,these raffles are your chance to help out a little bit every month.

With a few more entries every month we can start raising some good funds to help out AFO and your donations may win you some great prizes.

Ted won a fantastic Nordic Stage rod worth $290 from 3 tickets and Justin (Sunnydays) won a good prize and I think it was his first time in the raffle.

We seem to have the same dozen guys contributing every month and thanks to you all but it is a very small number when compared to the amount of people that use AFO every month.

I would love to see the day when the ReelTackle Promotions can give AFO enough money every month from these events to fully cover their hosting fees and bandwidth costs because that will free up enough money for Angus and Johnny to give back even more than they do now to their members.

Next month it would also be great if we can get all the members with Facebook accounts to promote the raffle so we can try and get other people outside of AFO interested and possibly some more new members as well.

We have access to a hell of a lot of incredible prizes but without your support we are very limited to what we can offer.

The more that participate every month,the better the prizes we can offer.

Also to make it very clear,ReelTackle does not make any money out of these raffles whatsoever.

I use ReelTackle as the source of the prizes and I run these raffles as a member who wants to do his bit in supporting a great forum.

I do this as I did not get a monthly social to run and this is my next best option to raise a few bucks for AFO.

Thanks Lance and couldn't agree more about others getting on board and contributing to the site every bit helps, I give what I can even though its bugger all I'm sure its appreciated every month. As for my prize :woohoo: :woohoo: those flash j's are bloody awesome and I've been cleaned out by the local grassy population so its good timing :lol:

Keep putting up awesome prizes like this, and I will keep buying :)

Some feedback tho, the 'buy a fake hook' thing confused me a bit and may put some people off entering... is that just me? haha

The reason for that is that only charities and not-for-profit organisations can run a raffle per say however a company can run a promotion.

Keep putting up awesome prizes like this, and I will keep buying :)

Some feedback tho, the 'buy a fake hook' thing confused me a bit and may put some people off entering... is that just me? haha

As Ted has mentioned,it is illegal for a company like AFO to have or accept the proceeds from a raffle as raffles are basically reserved for non profit organizations.

That is why we came at it from another angle and we now use ReelTackle as the business raising the money as a business promotion but again to do this red tape says it must technically be for a purchase hence the 1 hook idea per entry,lol

The Liquor and Gaming Act is something that ReelTackle or AFO does not want or needs to be caught up in which is why we have structured the promo the way it is.

The fact is in the end the money is given to AFO from ReelTackle to help support the guys with the costs of running this forum which ultimately is there to support all the members.

Both ReelTackle and myself do not make anything from this as AFO and its members is the sole benefactor of the money raised and infact I lose money every month as I personally pay all the freight costs and PayPal fees,bank fees ect out of my own pocket so I can get more money to AFO each month.

It's a great thing for AFO and it would be great to see a few more members help support it every month.

People still have the option if they want to make a donation directly to AFO or they can make that same donation through the ReelTackle Promotion and have a crack at taking home some awesome prizes.

Which ever way they decide to go,the money still gets to AFO in the end.

My books are also open to any AFO admin anytime they want to check up on the promo,they can look at the receipts for the goods purchased and funds raised every month.

I keep a full spreadsheet of everything for every months promo so there is no confusion and also for total transparency.

We have a great bunch of supporters who are there every month but it would be great to get a lot more members on board.

Lance

Archived