Tilapia fishing day Lake Kurwongbah Saturday 15.12.2012

elops

Just got home and having a cold one.

Not a massive turn-out but good to say G'day to a few of the crew.

Didn't see one Tilly disposed of but Ant got bloody close... :blush:

Coupla li'l spanglies and HEAPS of turtles...

I got a turtle on a prawn under a float so a new PB for moi! :woohoo:

See you tomorrow for a few beers at the Farmer.

Thanks to the prfma for putting it on and also for the info provided on fishing the dam by the members of the group. I had a good day even though I didn't get much fishing in, I was a little surprised the turnout wasn't better with the eoi's but it happens ;) I'll be back tomorrow morning to try for a native B)

Thanks for organising guys, it was great to catch up with a few members.

I had a few bites from the Tillies just couldn't keep em hooked long enough to land 'em lol

Sharing some of the local knowledge was great guys will be back for a flick soon!!

Ant's thanks for swimming to get my floats and also land my fish 15 metres in the lake :woohoo:

you are the best land based deckie i've had lol

PS I won't be there tomorrow mate, let me know how you go though ;);)

I walked down towards the spillway... not a nibble for me with my frozen prawns under float :( At about 3:30 I called it quits and went to a spot over the other side of the dam where I've seen heaps, to try and make use of my bait. I landed 4 quite big Tillys, and had to leave them when they were really coming on the bite to go to a much less fun engagement :dry:

-Steve.

Thanks so much for organising and running the day everyone. I certainly learnt heaps to help my fishing days in the future. Thanks for sharing all the tips and suggestions, I really appreciate it. Even though not many tilapia were caught, it was still a great day!! :P

Cheers Madi

Hmm... Odd that the tilapia have been shut down at Kurwongbah and Lake Samsonvale the past week. Two weeks ago at Bullockys Rest I landed 30 tilapia (700g to 1.2kg) on worms and lost as many to snags and snapped leaders. I only managed 1 tilapia from three trips last week. We all know there are innumerable tilapia in these dams so its only a matter of time before they reappear.

Thanks for the report and photos.

I would have made it myself with my sons, but work found me in Melbourne for 4 days. :(

Good on you James, doesn't matter how big they were, there are 4 less now. :)

After seeing those photos of Ant laying one on a fellow memeber, I may have rethink the invation to go for a flick in some remote location. :lol:

Can wait to join into some of these days soon.

cheers,

Wayne

Here are the results for the day.

Heaviest bag(or should that be white bucket)of Tilapia

Simon Allen(James's dad)

Junior Tilapia either James or Madi not sure :blush:

Longest Native 42cm Tandanus

Simon Allen

Junior Native

Declan Stevens 15cm Spangled Perch

Many thanks to the sponsers who donated prizes.

Charltons Tackle at Redbank who always support stocking groups thanks Craig.

D&S Lures thanks Matt.

And thanks to those others who donated prizes and funds yet wish to remain anonymous.

And a big thanks to AFO and the members that supported the event.

All funds raised on the day will be added to the Toga Fund for this years stocking.

Archived