Lack of Integrity on Forums

Feral

No not this forum!

But Oztrav just put me onto a forum where I was being seriously run down, :angry: by a person who is a member of the forum in Question, and a second forum I am active in.

This person was copying parts of my posts from the second forum, and bringing my fishing technics into disrepute, calling me a clown, running down other members on that site, and so on.

He had never said boo to me on the second site, obviously to gutless to have a go where I might defend myself. I have complained to the mods on both sites about his actions. I did send him a very polite PM telling him I was disappointed in his actions, (and it was polite) and will leave it at that. Life is to short to blow a boiler over things you cant control.

Ever since our resident pest caused Angus and I some grief a while back, I try to register on every fishing site I come across to stop people registering using my nomdeplume of \"Feral\", because of that incident. Obviously though you cant guard against this sort of action.

But please if people do have an issue with me or my fishing technics (they are all legal I assure you!) at least have the decency to take them up with me, not go behind my back on another site.

Oh yeah same goes for my sense of humour, if I hit a raw nerve let me know, an appology is never far away!

Maybe this relates to some of the recent posts on Karma, and how people think about that as well.

(Oztrav, dont fill them in on which forum, I'd really like to let it go, not start an inter fishing site fight!)

Anyway I ramble on, back to the fishing yarns!

Feral that sucks. Some people just have nothing better to do in their day than stir it up. I think this site is well beyond that, and the blokes around here long enough all know who's a good egg. Unless you start swearing on a 1.75m cobia at the Indro Bridge without pictures, no one here would say a bad thing about ya.

Keep ya chin up mate !!

I personally have never met you before Feral but what I have observed over many months browsing the forums here at Brisbane Fishing online is your extensive amounts of genuine information and passion towards fishing.

I sure many of the members here would rather give you a pat on the back for your great work...Keep it up !!:)

Tim a wrote:

You don't have 53 karma points for no reason!!!
Sorry boys, I got bored one day...... Just kidding!

Feral as everyone else has said, don't let one idiots comments get to you mate. I couldn't imagine AFO without you. Whether that's because of your mix of useful information with sarcasm/joking that's splashed throughout the forum I don't know... but it's good!

Keep it up mate, you help make this site an enjoyable community

Post edited by: TerryH, at: 2007/08/27 22:20

Brian D wrote:

Have you heard what they said about Terry H and Ray:pinch:

Woops

Sorry guys - I was only kidding to make light of what was said about Feral (Andrew). I have no idea what was said on another forum, I don't bother visiting them as I don't have time.

As to Ray and Terry H - again I say sorry, I thought my wit was see through, however in this it was not and it only half worked, so I suppose I am a half wit. :lol: Smack my Karma if it helps you to feel better.:whistle: :S

You guys are great, I respect and appreciate you, meaning you no harm. I am left embarressed and feeling silly.:blush: :(

Sorry.

Now everyone can stop sending me PM's - nothing was said except a bad joke gone wrong.

You got me and I deserved it for the comments about the weight penalty on charter boat 1. Glad i didnt do what I thought of when I heard about the flooding at Noosa . Was going to put up a bodgie post about the noosa charter fleet wiped out but chickened out.

Anyhow spent a lot of the day trying to find the mystery site and proved to myself which site is the most friendly and professional site in Australia.

When you see some of the bull and agro posts elsewhere it makes you realise that there are some strange people out there.

Cheers

Ray

Post edited by: rayke1938, at: 2007/08/28 20:21

Brian D wrote

\"so I suppose I am a half wit.\"

If this is true , than you & I are related:ohmy: As you know my surname is Widt . So i'm a FULL Wit and thats better than you by 1/2 :laugh:

FERAL, dont take any notice of what is said on \"other sites\" , we all know the TRUTH. Karma to you when I can for all your efforts.

Laurie WIDT.

Dinodadog wrote:

I noticed on another site a chap was catching fish below the wall at Ewen Maddock and someone said dont say to much or the freezer fishermen and meatos will go there. A childish remark.

Dino

My philosophy is to share and learn and as far as I am concerned if we are all shelfish no one benefits and what is the point of living.

Thats my sermon for the day.

Ray

I gonna have my last say on this, I find these sort of threads encourage negative thought patterns and are a terrable waste of time.

Ray - Gezz you are a good sport mate. Sorry to say I find it a little funny to think you spent all that time searching other sites for something that was not said.!:laugh: :laugh: You should have gone fishing with Dino.:) Thanks for your understanding.:kiss:

Cheers Lozzel, I thought we were related as we both smell the same - or is that the normal fishy smell.:pinch:

Archived