Fish of the Month-extra rules

Cowfish13

After looking through the rules to clarify a few things, I couldn't find out about some things.

1. Is the winner the one with the biggest fish, or the person who caught the most or took the best picture with the fish or some thing else like that? (Because some people have been submitting fish smaller than ones already entered and so I was wondering whether the winner was the one with the biggest fish or not)

2. Does the fish have to be legal to be entered?

Thanks

I would assume:

1. Biggest fish

2. I don't see why it should have to be legal to be entered. These sizes are only there to stipulate which fish you can/can't take home (or be in possession with)

Remember, if it had to be legal, a 75cm flatty wouldn't be eligible.

Don't take my word for it, but that's what I would assume about the FOTM.

\"How it is run is that each month there will be a certain type of fish nominated and the winner is the person to catch the largest fish of that species.\"

:)

\"To be eligible for the prize, you will need photographic proof taken on the day of the catch showing the whole fish next to a measuring device with easily read numerical incriments as well as a photo of the angler with the fish. You will be able to capture all of this in one photo generally but with some of the larger species you may need to take a couple, one showing the whole fish and one showing the angler with the fish, although in this shot the fish does not have to be shown in full (ie for large fish that are not taken out of the water)\"

:)

Post edited by: Ash, at: 2007/08/30 08:33

How about letting the forum decide ie: vote for this fish dependant on fish size / quality of required photos etc and make it like with Karma you can only vote a certain ammount of times in X amount of time

just a thought

fotm with most vote wins ;)

Gaz

I see what you are saying however you seem to miss the point :whistle:

would you vote for a FOTM that looks dodgey just because they claim the size ?

I know I wouldn't but would glady vote for a good fish that has the requirements as posted

old saying Power to the ppl

plus as stated it is for fun no sheep stations on it

cheers

Gaz

Fisher_90 wrote:

I agree with cowfish. Better to say biggest fish wins, Voting could start getting personal and the person entitled to win would not.

And perahps at the same time as the winner is announced after receiving 3241 votes, we see that the membership count on the site has also increased by 3241 people.

Funny that... Or am I just being cynical?

Archived