Project boat - Water test

woody1

Hi all.

I have a 14ft Fibreglass boat with a 50hp evinrude on the back that i am working on... I have finally finished the trailer, and early saturday im going to tow it down to the water, in the hope that she will float.

I am looking for some advice on a quiet ramp on the northside. I know saturday is a busy time, and i dont want to hog the ramp.

We were thinking of trying a ramp just after BCF at strathpine... but with the big low tide early im worried there wont be enough water.

I will start a thread with some pictures showing what i have done some time in the next few days.

Looking forward to you're tips

Looking forward to getting out on the water with you even more

Woody

It its just a float test, I do mine at the Ramp on Burpengary creek at O'Leary Avenue. It is a very small creek, but a good single lane concrete ramp, plenty of parking, quiet spot. If its a busy day, there might be 3 or 4 other trailer there all day.

Might be a bit to far north for you though. Probably another 15 - 20mins north of the Ramp your talking about.

But the benefit is you can leave the trailer on the ramp and winch the boat on and of as need (great for adjusting rollers etc)

Post edited by: Feral, at: 2007/08/30 06:32

woody1 wrote:

had to post a pic. This is the before shot. [img size=400]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/boat_front.jpg<br><br>Post edited by: woody1, at: 2007/08/29 21:06

Gezz Woody don't know about ramps but the do up that looks like fun.

Do you have any more photos?

What's the inside like?

Are you taking the top off?

What's the transom like?

Floor - any soft spots?

Post edited by: Brian D, at: 2007/08/30 14:19

Their is 3 ramps at cabbage tree creek. A 4 lane (most popular) at the junction where nundah creek starts this does get busy but the 4 lanes helps. Their is a 1 lane ramp in the middle which is probably just big enough for that boat (this is mainly used by kayakers and the like). And their is a 2 lane ramp at the mouth near the jetty which I would suggest you use. It is good ramp but you will need to watch the fibreglass hull as their will be rocks and the like around. This ramp is not very busy. Their is also Schultz canal which is a busy ramp but is 4 lanes.

Archived