Offshore this weekend

linc87

Hey Guys,

We will be heading offshore again this weekend to the usual haunts, just thought I would post a question that has been on my mind. My experience in this region is limited and I am sure there is some people on here with yrs of experience happy to offer an insight.

Q: How do you think all of the runnoff will affect the close offshore fishing this weekend, areas like boat and shag rock, the 7's and middle reef? If any of your are going, what will you be targeting?

Linc

From all reports the other side of Moreton was not affected too much by the run off. All the normal areas should be fine. If it is a bit dirty look for the clean line and you will find some very hungry fish that will probably eat just about anything you put in front of them.

Im heading out south passage on friday. Its the first break in weather i can make most of.

Dont know where i will go yet but hopefully try finding the clean water.

Heading out wide GC on sunday with the wanderers. Hopefully find the mackerel.

Shane

Look forward to the report shane.

Shelf is about 50km from the seaway.

Like a few people have said I would fish the edge of the dirty water line drifting or slow trolling livies or trolling lures.

Floatlining for snapper over the shallower reef (30-40m) should be good too.

Awesome moon phase too.

Anyone one been out this week, just wondering if there are many obstacles going throug the bay, what the bar was like and what was offshore water colour was???

I've been working out along North Straddie between Amity and Dunwich all week and the water is not looking to bad. There are some small obstacles that you need to quickly avoid but nothing to serious. The water is still murky but is getting visibly clearer everyday.

I know for fact i wont be going off straddie all weekend.

Weather report got it wrong today.

2-2.5 swell with 4 plus meter rollers. We copped a few over top and side travelling lol

Bom said 10-15. More like 20 knots plus all day.

Fishing side. Boat rocks unfisable. Sevens unfisable. Too rough.

We trolled most morning and got esky full yellow fin and came back in around 11z No point getting bashed around. Current was ridiclious too.

Bar wasnt too bad in morning. Few 1.5- 2meters standing up even on incoming tide.

We crossed trawler and its fine. Its still deep. Amity had too much swell. Came back in on out going tide white water everywere and pressure waves.

If anyone does go tomorrow our spb i wouldnt cross rainbow chanel in dark. Heaps of floating big logs.

Either that it was okay good test for boat and me lol.

4m out of GC is nothing compared to off straddie.

Shane

Too far for your tub Shane :woohoo:

Why is it to far got his tub Callum

It's only 50km

When you launch from raby bay and go to boat rock, sevens and then go to other grounds and then back again, you are looking at 80-100km return

Look at fisherman island to tangalooma, it's approx 36km over, with no running around over their it's 72approx

So 50km isn't that far

I have been 41mile, 65km offshore in my boat. You can't see land

Archived